Chapter One -Life of Crime-

(Y/N), petty thief

(Y/N), petty thief.

I tightly held my arms against my chest, watching my small handmade fire gently crackle into the night. I've been in this kingdom for three years now... the 'Great Chi Fire' consumed my village and eliminated my friends... Marco passed away and Reiner is guarding General Pixis. Is thieving and running away what I plan on doing for the rest of my life?

I gently extended out my hands in attempts to receiving more warmth from my tiny, manageable fire. Three years have passed... yet my body freezes up whenever I see flames that can't be controlled and put out at a moments notice.

"Excuse me miss?"

I flinched upon hearing a strangers voice, low deep, and clearly freezing cold. Please, no more thieves... I'm far too cold to fight... such a drastic change from Chi's burning rays of sun... now my village is nothing but rubble.

"What is it?"

My answer remained simple and dull in attempts of scaring the stranger away- he slowly approached my fire, the light from the flames illuminating his endearing features.

"I'd like to share your fire... if that's alright."

The man had deep ocean eyes- very similar to a large, roaring storm- his hair was also very messy, soft brown curls suited his handsome face.

"Very well."

I allowed the man to crouch beside me as he painfully began to rub his hands together. I noticed how his fingertips were a sickening dark blue. Clearly, he's about to die from hypothermia... has he just been walking around the streets for hours on end?

"It's nice to meet someone who isn't interesting in killing for a change..."

I let a small chuckle escape my lips, never allowing my eyes to leave my flickering flames. I can't afford to let those logs to overburn.

"Hm~ rather pleasant indeed."

The man shook violently, extending out his light blue skin for a handshake. I quickly caught a glimpse of an expensive emerald ring, but the man lowered his hand upon noticing his mistake. Just who is this guy?

"I stole it. I just wanted to inform you of my name. It's Eren, and you seem friendly."

Newly introduced Eren smiled gently as I merely shrugged my shoulders. His wealth has nothing to do with me, besides, I have bigger fish to fry. The Prince's ruby being the biggest fish of them all.