Chapter Seventeen -Under a Nobleman's Rule-

Enjoy~

Editing completed 6/7/2017

           •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I leant against some lavender marble pillars as a curt sigh left my lips. Jean sat beside my boots, hugging his knees.

"(Y/N)... I-I'm thirsty."

I rolled my eyes; Jean's flushed face worried me - a little - considering glasses upon glasses of champagne are the cause of his slurred words and shameless behaviour.

"Have this."

I lowered a small metal flask with my initials carved into the side - which Jean quickly raised to his lips. I buried this flask deep within my pockets in order to calm my nerves around fire - plus its extremely convenient when walking through the heat of Chi.

"Hah? It's water..."

I glared, crossing my arms and bowing upon seeing a nobleman pass the two of us - his face scrunching up in confusion upon seeing Jean sitting beside my leather boots.

"Of course it is. Do you really think I'd give you more alcohol?"

Jean frowned, handing my metal flask back to me as I quickly took a sip and screwed the lid shut tight.

"Just what the hell is going on here?"

I stiffened upon hearing the Prince's voice as he examined the two of us - glaring fiercely.

"Good evening, your majesty."

I leant forward into a bow as the Prince extended his gloved hand out to Jean - who shakily rose to his feet and leant against his future Kings shoulder.

"Good evening, foreigner. Seems this idiot has consumed too much."

I nodded my head, feeling slightly woozy myself. Jean insisted I try some champagne. I rather disliked the experience... it tasted like... polish for shoes...

The Prince assisted Jean down the hallway, who was practically unconscious and muttering about a special breed of horse he was currently healing. I followed behind, only to misstep my foot and collide with the beautiful palace walls.

"Don't tell me you're intoxicated too, foreigner?"

I quickly regained my balance with the shake of my head.

"I'm perfectly fine. Jean insisted I try some."

The Prince sighed loudly, clicking his fingers - a signal for me to hurry up.

"You were under Jean's instructions for the night - not mine. Jean's words allow you choice to decline, foreigner."

I lowered my head. Jean really is a carefree guy...

"I see... forgive my actions..."

The Prince rolled his eyes, arriving outside his chambers - which happened to be rather close to the small reception evening.

"I'll allow you entry - for a brief moment."

Since the Prince had his hands full with supporting Jean, I gently pushed open the door and held the wooden masterpiece open. The Prince entered as I slowly followed behind, my eyes immediately falling to the elegant and extremely expensive design of his chambers.