Chapter Fifty One -A Tragic Sin-

Enjoy~ :3

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The courtroom erupted into feral shouting, all trying to question Prince Levi, who remained eerily stoic.

"Prince Levi can you also confirm this?"

Darius pushed his silver glasses further up his nose as Prince Levi stiffly crossed his arms with a low, suspenseful sigh.

"I can confirm this information is true."

The courtroom completely lost all stability as the poor and unfortunate began to cheer, throwing objects from rose petals to penny sweets. How endearing... The rich seemed stunned into silence as many sat still amongst rows of luxury balconies. I cast my eyes to Prince Levi, who took his place against the wooden stand and gently clicked his tongue.

The court abruptly ceased talking.

Darius cleared his throat to rid the surprise of Prince Levi confirming such accusations. Guards are approaching my metal pole... My eyes widened as two heavily armoured guards neared my chains, wielding some sort of knife. Darius slammed his hand down upon his desk several times to break the returned yelling.

"A royal surprise indeed. (Y/N) who's last name is unknown - answer me this."

I shifted wildly against my chains once the guards drew closer, lowering their stances and exposing their long, silver knives.

"How do you know someone trained in Chi for the majority of their life?"

Dear god. He's going to beat me. He's going to kill me right here. I lowered my head, despair slowly filling my heart. Darius has no care for love. I'll fight until the very end. I sharply rose my head, meeting the darkened wisdom of Darius Zackly.

"You beat them will all your strength. If the individual can stand... that's the power of a Chi warrior."

Darius smiled softly, waving his hand in signal for the guards to pause their taunting actions. I shakily exhaled, neatening my gi which felt a little constricted against my metal chains. Imagine if I was dressed in royal finery... I wouldn't be able to move.

"Correct. That's ethnicity ruled out."

A trick incase I wasn't born with Chi blood flowing through my veins... why? Darius glanced downwards, reading some sort of script or information pack. Could this case be so complicated that he decided to write things down?

I nervously tilted my head, meeting the glowing steel glare of Prince Levi - who nodded his head. That's all he can do from this distance.

"You confirm the relationship aspect. That is clear to the court. A Prince cannot marry a commoner. Although it isn't illegal, just highly frowned upon. A sin - people often call it."

Darius leant forward, lowering his chin onto his wrinkled knuckles. Truly a frightful man. How many rulings and judgments has he given in his life time? Hundreds? Thousands?

"You know this fact better than anyone, Prince Levi. Since you confirm your relationship with (Y/N) is true. Do you plan on marrying her?"

The poor cheered loudly, continuing to throw flowers of many kinds over my metal pole. Roses, daffodils, bluebells. Many petals stuck to my hair - but since my hands were chained - I failed to removed them successfully.