Chapter Sixty One -Forgotten Dreams-

Enjoy~

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Informing General Pixis of Reiner's murder was possibly one of the hardest, most soul destroying moments of my entire life.

General Pixis responded to my letter with thousands of beautifully written pages - all on Reiner's memory. Not one word was about his suspicions over what exactly had happened.

I wrote to Reiner's family who quietly resided in Chi - his parents were old and no matter how hard they tried, Reiner would always leave on some crazy adventure with his beloved Master. I received no response from his parents - not even a single mention about his funereal.

As I wrote to Reiner's friends and family, Levi sat beside me for hours at a time. Neither of us spoke, we merely sat beside each other in silent comfort. When I felt like giving up and tearing apart what I had written, Levi would hold my hand and lightly encourage me to try again.

Levi hadn't see me cry, I broke down after Reiner's death and attempted to remain positive after the incident. Reiner wouldn't want me to constantly cry over him. I longed to weep deeply over his absence, but reminded myself how removing my life essence from the world would not help in the slightest.

Instead, I focused nearly all of my attention on Levi's proposal. I tired my absolute best to think about the happiness of eventually marrying Levi. When I occasionally reflected on our moment in the royal hall, I always managed to smile some how.

Levi completed paperwork along side me, I noticed his beautiful wedding ring tap against his ink quill every now and then. I leant away from my completed letters with a shaky exhale.

Almost to calm my nerves, I glanced downwards at my matching ring. Clearly Levi spent a lot of money on this item as the (F/C) jewel sparkled brightly under the light. Levi eventually noticed my small pile of letters and gently extended out his hand.

"Good work, brat."

"I tried my best... I hope Reiner's friends attend the funeral."

I watched with great distress as Levi tucked my depressing letters into his ebony coat pocket and reassured me every word would reach the specified locations. Levi and I hadn't spoken much about the incident - an action I didn't blame him for.

Reiner's death was abrupt, crushing, and immensely infuriating. Levi knew the very mention of Eren would set me off and provided pure emotional comfort over the death. If Levi weren't by my side, I'm certain Eren would be dead. I value my love for Levi over revenge, something I knew Reiner would respect and understand.

Reiner wouldn't want me to be sentenced to death in the town square for murdering Eren. He would want me to live my life with Levi and finally receive a happy ending. I know this... so why do I want Eren dead? My anger was intoxicating, an emotion that consumed me whenever Eren's smirk flashed across my mind.

"(Y/N)? Are you listening, brat?"

I eventually faded away from my void of overpowering emotions and glanced upwards from my slouching position over Levi's oakwood desk.

"I'm sorry... I spaced out for a moment."

Levi crossed his arms with a dismissive sigh and pointed towards the old cuckoo clock in the corner of his luxury chambers. It's late... it's only been a day since Reiner's death. I sluggishly stood up from an uncomfortable office chair and began my travel towards Levi's linen sheets.