Chapter Thirty Four -Wealth-

Enjoy~

Editing completed 7/7/2017

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Prince Levi remained tense, his eyes clouded over with an unknown emotion.

We stared.

The Prince's eyes were similar to some sort of void, empty - yet stiff. I felt a little afraid, but couldn't break away from his silver glare.

Prince Levi looked troubled, like he was wrestling a ball of overpowering emotions. A loud slam surprised me, my light grip on the book 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' slipped from my fingertips and clattered to the floor. Prince Levi stood with both hands upon his desk, the wood shaking slightly from the force of his brash movement.

We stared.

The Prince let out a long, overdrawn sigh. I sensed speaking would possibly anger him to no return. So I remained silent. Prince Levi stood royally in front of his desk, lowering his head to study the slight sting of forcing his hands at such a speed onto his desk.

Still, we stared.

Finally, he spoke.

"I love you."

I visibly stiffened, my eyes widening upon hearing such words leave his lips. I slowly reached down, collecting my fallen novel and calmly placing the book onto my lap.

He loves me... his words shouldn't be so much of a shock... he suggested his feelings while falling unconscious due to Sasha's sleeping powder... I smiled gently, deeply flustered by his words, but I appreciated his directness.

"Please... don't say such things."

I'd never been spoken to, heck, confessed to in such a way, so my words didn't form very well. Prince Levi's brow creased, clearly displeased by my choice of words.

"Don't disregard my feelings."

I brushed a stray strand of hair behind my ear with a small sigh. Life, status, rumours, outrage from the kingdom.

"I'm not sure of what to say... you must know... we're two very different people..."

Prince Levi sighed frustratedly, running his slightly red hands through his raven hair, a sense of relief filled his once empty eyes. He looks a lot calmer now he's told me...

"I'm aware of what'll happen if I get involved with you. I'm aware people will disagree and oppose us. I'm aware my kingdom will riot. Everything you've thought. I've thought a million times over."

I gently brushed my thumb over his majesty's novel, studying an elegant dark wolf, howling towards a white, pale moon. I smiled softly, parting my lips ever so slightly.

"Do... do you really like me that much?"

Prince Levi rose his black feather quill and continued on with his paperwork, glancing upwards for a second.

"Yes."

Prince Levi's admitted his feelings... what exactly have I contributed to the conversation...? Uncertainty. Confusion. Distress. The Prince remained silent, focusing on paperwork while I attempted to gather my thoughts. Does he want an answer now? Or will he act like nothing happened?

His Royal Guard | Royalty Levi X Guard Reader ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें