Chapter Fifty Six -Questioning-

Enjoy~

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A week until the coronation.

Yield to his authority?

I hope Prince Levi remains calm when Eren approaches. Any arguments during a coronation could result in the entire event being cancelled.

"My coronation lasts the entire day. Villagers and guards will know my location pretty much all the time. This puts me at risk."

I frowned; shifting from my lying position and pressing my back against the headboard. Prince Levi watched my movements with a darkened glare. At risk? Will assassins be on the move surrounding Prince Levi's location?

I'll try to remain by his side for the longest possible amount of time. My curved sword swore to protect him long before I fell in love with him.

I'll protect him until the end - just like I promised.

"You look oddly determined. Don't do anything reckless."

I bashfully nodded, his words won't change my mind anyways. I've decided to protect him while being romantically involved. I may not dress as a guard from Chi anymore, but I'll still be on high alert... in a red formal gown.

I need to mentally prepare before I wear such extravagant clothing. I've never worn a dress in my entire lower class life.

"Yaho! Levi!"

I immediately froze, snapping my head in attention to the familiar cheery voice. Why is Hanji here? I'm sitting on Prince Levi's bed... surely she's going to put two and two together. I hesitated, lifting my legs away from Prince Levi's resting quarters, only his lip twitched almost in shock from my desire to hide and conceal.

I tensed for a couple of seconds, quickly deciding against my mission to flee. Hanji's Kingdom is rather close, she must of heard news about the trial. I'm sure everyone did. I quickly muttered an apology for my unforgivable actions. I'm the worst...

"I'm sorry... force of habit."

"Tch. Forget it."

I've upset him. Hanji peeked round Prince Levi's navy green door, revealing a refreshing smile. Something not many people do around here. I soon felt a soft pink flush to my face, exposing my instant embarrassment.

Her smug smile.

She knows.

Hanji slithered into the room, lightly wiggling her dark eyebrows towards Prince Levi who looked incredibly unamused. I bowed my head in a silent greeting, only Hanji paid me little to no attention.

"A pleasant day today, Levi."

"Hn. If you're about to piss me off, I highly recommend you don't."

Hanji pushed her silver glasses further up her nose before whispering: "I knew it." I remained awkwardly silent throughout the whole exchange. When I first visited Hanji's palace, I arrived late due to bathing and trying to walk without limping. Curtesy of Prince Levi's pleasure the night before.

"A real shame I wasn't invited to the trial. I would of vouched for you, (Y/N). But I was out of town on a business trip."