Chapter Thirty Two -Ballroom Split-

Enjoy~

Editing completed 7/7/2017

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Tch. I knew he'd show his shitty face."

I studied Prince Eren from a distance who wore an equally as expensive outfit, dark navy colours to match his ocean breeze eyes. What's that on his face? Oh... it's a big white bandage to correct his broken nose.

"Don't stray from my side, damn brat."

I leant into a respectful bow upon hearing the Prince's orders. If a nobleman sees me acting strange, they'll make up lies to try and damage Prince Levi's reputation and good name. I suddenly met the warm honey eyes of Lady Ral who took a small sip of chilled champagne. She looks absolutely stunning.

"A lovely evening, Levi."

The Prince clicked his tongue, crossing his arms dismissively. The two look so familiar... such a beautiful couple... a shame.

"Indeed."

I suddenly felt out of place as I neatened down my plain black clothing with a small, slightly nervous sigh. I'm a servant... I belong here.

"I believe Eren is approaching us..."

Prince Levi glared, swiftly neatening his soft white cravat. I suppose we should get greeting Eren out of the way... I don't wish to see him for the rest of the night. Eren approached the Prince with a forced smile. He's acting natural in front of all the guests. I swiftly bowed; playing my role of personal guard to the highest of my ability.

"So many women... are they all after you, Levi?"

Eren's words only deepened the Prince's glare, clearly his intentions were to annoy and disrupt the peace.

"One would assume so."

Eren gently patted his pockets, which one again, crumpled like paper. Does he really carry all contracts around with him? I wouldn't be surprised...

"Nice to see you again, Eren. I'm glad we could entertain you instead of the other way around."

Petra offered kind and respectful conversation, but Eren seemed intent on angering the Prince. With all these guests around, Eren's free to speak whatever he wishes.

"I sense that you won't leave the palace in hand with Petra this year... naturally I happened to learn of the cancelled proposal."

Petra frowned, looking away in attempts of hiding her clearly hurt expression. How cruel.

"You'd be correct. Though we remain good allies."

I suddenly sensed the Prince's change in aura, from sharp and intimidating to bored and calm. Eren can say whatever he wants without punishment. He wants to cause a commotion.

"I see... what about you, foreigner?"

I rose from my bow as Eren let out a low, quiet whistle. Why... why is he doing this?