Chapter Ten -Ballroom Dancing-

Enjoy~

Editing completed 31/7/2017

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Wipe that shitty smile off your face."

I lowered my head, smiling at the elegant tiles beneath my feet instead.

"Sorry... he's quite the character."

The Prince rolled his eyes and collapsed into his golden throne with a loud sigh.

"My horse is in good health, that's all that matters."

I wonder if the Prince will let me ride a horse? Suddenly, two beautifully carved marble doors opened, revealing three guards dragging a familiar shaved haired boy by his arms across the tiles. Connie... he's been beaten... bruises littered his face, he also had a badly swollen black eye.

"Welcome back to the land of the living. I didn't think you'd survive a beating like that, kid."

What's going on?

I refused to make eye contact with the Prince. Connie's nose is broken... all twisted... blood is everywhere... I walked down the first few steps only the Prince's command rung clear:

"You stay where you are foreigner."

I felt my blood run cold. He said he'd consider releasing him... not this. Connie's lifeless stare caused me to blink in disbelief. He's gone... Connie's spark is gone.

"This will ensure he won't attempt to end my life again, to sweeten the deal I've given him the money promised if I were to be killed in the first place."

Connie rose his head, his neck showed traces of purple finger marks. Strangulation?

"The boy is free to go back to Chi now."

"You expect him to be able to travel in this condition?"

I fiercely spoke my mind as the Prince tilted his chin to the side, his steel eyes looking rather dismayed yet he glared fiercely at me.

"His condition is none of your concern. You serve me - not him."

I soon felt my anger consume me, raising my voice and yelling at a future King.

"When you beat him you beat me!"

I swiftly left the Prince's side. It felt strange... like I'd been destined to stand there. I placed my hand onto Connie's shoulder as a low, painful groan left his lips.

Connie's body slumped against mine. He's using me as support. The Prince's usually calm and composed stare quickly faded as anger creased his features.

"I did not beat you. Don't ever assume I will. This boy is of no use to me, he'll go back to Chi."

I quickly removed a small black bandage that wound around my hips and crouched low, pressing it against Connie's nose - he mumbled my name over and over.

"(Y/N)... (Y/N)... the guards beat me..."

Connie spoke in Chi as I felt my heart ache at his visibly changed appearance. His smile... his carefree flirting...

CRACK

Connie let out a strangled cry as I set his nose back to its original position. Disgusting... I stood up with a sigh and wiped the sweat from my forehead, glancing up at the Prince who sat with his legs crossed.