Chapter Twenty Two -Lying to Freedom-

Enjoy~

Editing completed 6/7/2017

                        •~•~•~•~•~•~•

Eren provided me with lavish plates of food as the two of us sat opposite a rich oakwood table. Salads, steaks, chocolate covered strawberries.

A small part of me considered denying his generosity, but quickly decided against the idea, considering the previous 'conversation' in the throne room.

"Enjoy. Eat whatever you'd like."

Eren's eyes remained a stormy blue as I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. Surely he won't watch me eat? I'd hoped incorrectly as Eren's gaze remained solely on me, watching my every move. As much as I tried to enjoy my roast chicken, the task remained incredibly difficult as Erens stare hinted madness.

"Oh! I'm staring, forgive my rudeness."

I felt a small, yet painfully awkward smile flash across my lips as I rose a forkful of chicken to my salivating mouth. At least I'm getting fed well... hey look there's cake.

"You like sweet things, (Y/N)?"

I tensed up, feeling uncomfortable at the thought of Eren learning anything that may put me at a disadvantage to his authority.

"Yes, chocolate is scarce in my village."

"Was... chocolate 'was' scarce..."

Eren quickly corrected.

"I-I..."

I tried my absolute best to remain unfazed by his words but my stuttering proved otherwise. Eren chuckled lightly, winking teasingly.

"Only kidding. Chi is being rebuilt isn't it...?"

I slowly nodded my head, deciding on skipping dessert for the evening.

"That's correct."

Eren hummed in approval, resting his chin onto his palm with a thoughtful smile.

"How nice."

|~~~~|

Prince Levi Ackerman, royal descendent.

I felt my party face I'd worn all evening suddenly crack. Eren's finally done it... finally pushed me head first against the fucking brick wall that's called: getting involved with contracts. Eren is notorious for creating contracts with no escape - only to overrule the original terms to his creepy, stupid advantage.

I've signed my only useful guard away to his prison of paperwork... by my own hand.

Eren's castle looks fun and rather childlike... but everyone inside his palace is bound to him by a contract. He lures them in with money, affection, food, anything to get them to sign their name... once the contract is made...

There's no escape.

The foreigner must see my hands are tied. I'm a ruler of a kingdom - law is law, threatening a Prince with death results in punishment by death. If the foreigner's burns are on her back, lashings would most definitely end her life. The only option to keep her alive and safely by my side was to sign her over to Eren. I hope she understood my judgment.