Chapter Eighteen -Bonfire Fury-

Enjoy~

Editing completed 6/7/2017

                  •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A low sigh of satisfaction left my lips as I finished the novels final page and closed the book. I studied the title - Tricked by a Prince, which ironically contradicts itself. Prince Levi looked up from his paperwork, parting his lips.

"How did you enjoy the ending?"

I am the ending. I crossed my arms, awkwardly averted my gaze to the side of the room. Prince Eren has a... lustful imagination. I quickly avoided his question.

"Which was your favourite part, your majesty?"

The Prince lowered his quill and leant back into his chair with a low groan.

"I enjoyed the brief romance between the two before the female's lust for money overpowers her."

My features darkened; I like money - who doesn't? I most definitely wouldn't leave my lover over it.

"I see..."

The Prince rose from behind his desk and stretched his arms above his head. I find myself worrying over Prince Eren if he should ever find me... I'm currently hiding in plain sight - somewhere he obviously hasn't thought to look.

"You didn't answer my first question."

I traced my fingertips over the golden cover and placed the book onto the Prince's desk.

"I was originally a thief. I enjoyed the idea of gaining all that coin."

The Prince glared, examining the cover and flipping through the pages in order to refresh his memory.

"How disappointing."

A small smile graced my lips as the Prince handed the book back to me and instructed I place the novel back where it belonged.

"I expected you to enjoy the mysterious ending. The Prince never does see that girl again."

I shrugged my shoulders, gently pushing the spine of the novel in between two smaller books. Prince Eren will mostly likely have me sentenced to hang over the knife incident or he might wish to pursue his unrequited feelings for me... unless the novel he wrote really is just his imagination...

"The ending is... normal for people of mine and your status. I was not particularly surprised."

The Prince tensed up, removing his crown from his raven hair and placing the gold onto his desk.

"I am free to marry whoever I wish - status does not particularly concern me, however my kingdom would be livid."

I crossed my arms and leant forward into a half-bow, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh? You would marry a female peasant out of love - is that what you're saying?"

The Prince glared fiercely, demanding I remember my manners and my position as his guard.

"Know your place, damn foreigner. Essentially, yes - that's what I'm saying."

I found myself bowing further upon hearing the Prince's words - a rather ingesting insight on his personality and forgiving rule over his people.