Chapter Twenty Four -Contract and Blood-

Enjoy~

Editing completed 6/7/2017

                   •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The formal evening the Prince spoke of last night is to be held in the palace's square reception room. The last time I stepped foot into this elegant area, I'd been serving the kind and very carefree; Jean the nobleman.

My stitches had been healing well, according to a trusted medic who checked on my wellbeing daily - strict orders of the Prince, of course. We hadn't spoken of the so called: 'punishment' I received in the healing room and the incident seemed to be forgotten... or at least, appeared to be.

"Do you need more rest? I can send you away, damn foreigner."

I leant forward into a usual half bow, wincing ever so slightly from the pain of my wire stitches and shaking my head in response to his kind offer. Minus the insult.

"I would rather be out of that room, if that's okay..."

The Prince glared fiercely, his mind linking my salty words to our kiss inside one of the medical rooms.

"You best keep your damn mouth shut."

I deepened my bow, noticing three guests were very close to our glass table, which I assumed triggered his violent outburst.

The rich are not supposed to treat servants well, but the Prince however, had a reputation for doing quite the opposite - feeding his staff generously, providing them with clean clothes, the only thing he didn't show them was emotional compassion. Prince Levi displays generosity through actions, not words.

"Yes, your majesty."

A few hours past and the night continued to run smoothly, although, I found myself tiring quickly. I knew it wouldn't be long before the Prince took notice of my clearly weakening condition.

Several female guests approached the glass table, with Petra away - all ladies were desperate to get in his majesty's good books. I stood lamely on the sidelines, watching sophisticated ladies throw themselves at a ruthless, clearly uninterested Prince.

"Oh... who's this? A new servant of yours?"

A lady, beautifully dolled up, wearing a yellow dress to match her blond curls, quickly spotted my presence. Most servants are on shifts and leave after a few minutes, only to be replaced by another.

I, however, protect the Prince's side constantly. I didn't expect to be spoken to by such rich individuals, so I found myself bowing to avoid their painfully awkward stares. Thankfully, the Prince spoke up for me.

"She's my royal guard. A foreigner from Chi."

I smiled in attempts of being friendly, only the ladies seemed displeased, questioning my heritage further.

"Surely a foreigner is not welcome inside his majesty's palace?"

I tried my hardest not to glare, rising from my bow with forced politeness straining my very being.