Chapter Forty Nine -Rose Seal-

Enjoy~ •nearly at fifty ! :0• |thank you for your patience. <3|

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Prince Levi Ackerman, royal descendant.

My methodical planning drained my brain. Two plans are even better than one. Plan A for if the trial fails - which I'll keep to myself. I can't afford to risk this information to anyone.

Not even (Y/N) herself.

Plan B for how to avoid Eren attacking (Y/N) and her friends. I can inform her of this one. I have a risky, yet hopeful idea.

I sat quietly at my desk while my brat ate her soup. I'll let her enjoy a decent meal outside of the cells. She has been there for two weeks after all...

I hadn't had very many updates on Jean's condition - other than the fact he's asleep more than he's conscious. Troubling and extremely worrying news, but the medic's insisted he'd wake up and heal after three more weeks. Three weeks which we inconveniently don't have time to wait for.

Eren remains in the cells for another two weeks. Time is of the essence.

                               |~~~~|

~ "I've thought carefully about a plan (Y/N)... would you like to hear it?" ~

I lowered my wooden spoon and gently swirled the object within my creamy soup. A plan? Prince Levi's thought of a plan? I lowered my head. I almost forgot these calming luxuries are only for a little while...

"I suppose I have no choice but to listen..."

Prince Levi crossed his arms with a stiff glare. Such a look... he must of thought deeply about this so called 'plan.' I rose another spoonful of chicken soup to my lips and sighed in relief.

"To avoid Eren potentially attacking your friends, I'll summon them to my palace and place them under protection. As for the trial, to up the success rate, I'll-"

Prince Levi cleared his throat and nervously averted his gaze. Is he distressed? I've never seen him so... agitated. I furrowed my brows as Prince Levi gently took ahold of my chin, staring deeply into my widened eyes.

"I'll propose to you, (Y/N). If you're engaged to me, guards will be defending you all the time. If you take the throne before Eren's released... he won't be able to touch you."

My jaw dropped; Prince Levi said it aloud... does he want to marry me? Or is he doing it just for the sake of his 'plan.' I stared into my soup, searching for comfort.

"Do... do you wish to marry me?"

Prince Levi clicked his tongue, his grip on my chin tightening as he leant close to the shell of my ear.

"Yes~"

His voice is so close... it feels like a shiver. I stiffened, raising my hand across my nose to shield my exposing blush. Prince Levi's response - as straightforward as it was - didn't convince me. I still felt uneasy.

"Are you sure? I'm really... I'm really not suited for marriage."

Prince Levi trailed his tongue across my left earlobe. I noticed how he remained oddly silent. Something he only did while deep in thought. I suppose my light panting distracted his mind from the topic at hand.