Chapter Forty -Silence-

Enjoy~ { that moment when you begin planning the ending to this book :'(  }  •would anyone be interested in a second?•

Editing completed 9/7/2017

              •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

My heart ached dearly for Prince Levi. I knew my allegiance would always be with him. Unbreakable. Inseparable. I'd protect him with my blade - until the very end. Our love cannot be, but my duty as his guard still stands.

"I expect to be guarded well. Eren visits today. If he wishes to speak with you I know his intentions are impure."

I nodded my head, averting my gaze away from Prince Levi, who sat sipping hot black tea. My heart hurts... but I'll push my feelings aside. I'm his guard.

"Yes sir..."

Addressing him so formally began to feel strange, our night of passion moaning out each others names rung clear within my mind whenever I answered politely like this.

We stood in silence for the rest of the morning, those previous words were the only conversation we managed to hold long enough. I felt a little nervous meeting with Eren once again, his contracts and overall personality are poisonous.

Yet clever.

"Did I mention my coronation is due soon?"

I tensed, my eyes widening as the Prince's confident smirk only seemed to widen at my reaction. Coronation... Prince Levi will become...

King Levi.

"Ah... i-is that so?"

Prince Levi rose his cup of fresh black tea to his lips and finished the beverage with a soft sigh. I noticed how he muttered something in french under his breath.

"Ne vous inquiétez pas. Vous allez être ma reine assez tôt." (Don't worry. You'll be my queen soon enough.)

I furrowed my brows with a small sigh, leaning into a respectful half bow. I really wan't to know what information he hides from me using his mother tongue...

"Won't you tell me what you said?"

Prince Levi smirked softly, shaking his head and rising from his wire table. Such authority. I trailed behind once I heard the quiet click of his pale fingers.

"I'll die before I speak such words to you."

I lowered my head, sensing his brief sentences were his... unspoken desires. He spoke french when we slept-

"Don't trouble yourself."

I nodded once again, examining a small, red scratch taint the back of Prince Levi's porcelain skin. I squinted my eyes, trying to get a closer look. Once realisation flooded my body, I covered my lips with the back of my hand as pure shock overtook my senses.

I immediately stopped walking.

Those are... my scratches...

"Oi. Don't waste my time."

Prince Levi's voice broke me from my trance as a small gasp escaped my lips. I quickly realised the Prince stood at the very end of the golden halls- waiting for me to catch up.