Chapter Twenty One -Recollection of the Past- Chi Memory #1

Enjoy~ These chapters are technically filler chapters- while I think of ideas for the current storyline.

'Recollection of the Past' chapters will include details of Reiner, Marco, (Y/N's) burns and info about Chi itself } *note* these chapters aren't very long*

•~•~•~•~•~•

Chi. Village Danba. Wednesday.

"Strike again, Reiner!"

A new instruction under General Pixi's rule ensured broken fingers and so much sweat I could easily fill an entire sake barrel right to the top. Chi's top 'trainees' insisted of me, Reiner and a timid boy named Marco.

The three of us were lamely dubbed 'Chi's strength', rather strange considering the three of us were forbidden to speak a single syllable to each other.

I knew Reiner very well - we grew up together, climbing trees, sharing food... lame luxuries like that... of course, that's when we were small children... now we're adults.

"(Y/N) head up! You wish to master the curved sword don't you? Strike Reiner down - teach him who's the strongest!"

Reiner let an amused chuckle escape his lips, quietly ushering a single sentence as our swords clashed together.

"I'm the strongest."

So you think - there's only one person who'll master the curved sword... and that's me. Unable to reply to Reiner's false claim, due to the intense watch of General Pixis.

I kept my mouth shut, deciding to let my sword do the talking. Reiner sliced downwards, attempting to force me to take a step back. I lazily shifted my sword to the left, intensely blocking his strike with a small smile.

"(Y/N): total of three points. Reiner: total of two points. (Y/N) wins."

A close finish, yet my skill to my sword remained undefeated. I'd been training for months now... Reiner has beat me on several occasions... twice actually. I long to be able to claim myself as 'master of the curved sword' yet my dream seems so far away...

General Pixis rose his fist into the air, meaning training had finally finished for the day. Reiner let out a small grunt, angrily turning on his heel and began walking down a dirt path towards a nearby apple tree.

"Wait up, Reiner!"

"No speaking to other members, (Y/N)! You wish to run another ten laps of the outskirts of Chi?"

General Pixis glared as I muttered a quick apology and offered a small bow. Reiner cast me a look, which I automatically read as: 'shut up, you clumsy sword obsessed loser.' I furrowed my brows, my eyes scanning for mute Marco, our third member - who never spoke a word to me or Reiner.

A small apple hit the side of my head with a loud 'thwack!' causing all of my previous concerns over Marco to fade as my new task of: 'sticking an apple so far up Reiner's ass - he'd choke' became my new mission for the day.

My murderous glare must of alerted Reiner of my vicious intentions as he began to hastily gather handfuls of apples and chuck them at me in order to prevent me from approaching the tree.