Accusations

1993

Short Story

1

You were at home watching the 6 o'clock news

Your heart stopped when you read the headline on the screen. You couldn't believe it.

Breaking News: Michael Jackson Accused of Child Molestation.

"According to the Santa Barbara Police Department, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, has been accused of molesting a 13 year old boy earlier in the summer during his tour. Now with new development of the case, the pop star was forced with a search warrant to no only search his home for evidence, but also a body search. This body search includes taking photos of his private area. Further more-" you cut the TV off.

"Oh my God.... Michael no!" you covered your face in disbelief. You grabbed your phone to see if Michael was ok. You dialed his number. He didn't answer. You tried it again. No answer. You started to get worried. "I need to go see him."

......

You arrived at Neverland. You were at the foot of the steps, noticing the door slightly open. You quietly went inside. You gasped at how trashy Michael's front room was. "Michael, where are you?" you whispered. Suddenly, you heard glass breaking. You jumped and immediately went on a hunt for Michael.

"Michael!" you shouted. "Michael, it's me!  Sweetie, where are you?!"

You ran upstairs. While up the stairs, you heard Michael screaming and crying. You opened the door to see a bigger mess in his room. Papers, broken glass, ripped sheets, feathers from the pillows all over the place. You saw Michael on the bed with his head on his lap.

"Michael?" you called him. He looked up and saw you. The sight of you made him break down sob. "Why, Y/N? WHY ME?! All I ever did was shown nothing but joy and love towards innocent children. AND THEY'RE SAYING THAT I'M A PEDOPHILE?!" he screamed with hatred and anger.

You stepped a little closer to him. "NO! Please.. I don't wanna hurt you." Michael warned. You've never in your life been threatened by Michael.

"Michael... calm down. It's only me. I am your friend. I'm trying to help you get through this bullshit that's happening." you explained, reaching for his hand.

Slowly you touched his hand which made him angrier. He got off on the bed and pushed you down on the ground. Your eyes widen as you saw the cruel side of him. "I TOLD YOU TO STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME! I DON'T NEED YOUR SELF PITY FOR ME!" he yelled.

Tears formed in your eyes. You never seen Michael like this. It's quite scary. You got back up, brushing yourself off. "Michael... It's not like you. I'm here to help. Not to judge."

"LEAVE ME ALONE! NO ONE WANTS TO HELP ME! I'M A MONSTER! IF YOU WANT TO HELP?! HELP YOURSELF OUT OF MY DAMN HOUSE!" "No..." you told him.

Michael got even more pissed. He took his book and threw it at the mirror, shattering it to pieces. "GET THE FUCK OUT!" he sobbed. You shook your head no. "I'm not going anywhere. And throw another object. Watch when I slap the piss out of you. Now I told you that I am here to help you. And I don't need nor want to deal with your damn tantrums. I came here as soon as I found out. Because you're my friend and I love you. But what you just did, I didn't like that. Not one fucking bit. Now either take my offer, or else deal with shit on your own. I've told you countless times to be careful with that boy and his father. You didn't want to listen. Now look where you're at." you said.

"I don't need your 'I told you so' shit, Y/N..."

"Who said I was giving it, smart ass? See, now you're pissing me off. So, I'm going downstairs to get something to drink and hopefully cool the fuck down."

"Y/N..." Michael moaned. He dropped down, sobbing his heart out. As pissed as you were, your heart couldn't take the sadness progress through him. He needed a friend. You kneeled down, holding him against your chest tight. Michael grabbed you around your waist. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I just can't believe this I happening to me." he cried in your chest. "Shhh... It's ok, love. You don't need to be sorry. This is a part of your healing." you said, crying with him. You kissed his forehead, rocking him back and forth.

You brought his head up to look at him. His eyes were blood shot red, face was puffy from crying so much. "We're going to get through this. Together. Ok?" Michael nodded his head.

"Ok.."

You stayed in the same position for hours until he had enough energy to pick himself up. Let the healing begin.

To be continued....