Big Mistake

Mini Series

2

The divorce between you and Michael was crazy, dramatic and just plan sad. You wanted to be reasonable with Michael, but he wasn't too fond of the idea. In fact, he hated you. Despised you. Wished you went to Hell. You really hurt him. But honestly... most of it is not your fault. You were there for him. When his skin was turning, you were there. When his hair went on fire, you were there. The tabloids saying mean things about him, you were there. But all the thanks you got from him was his ass to kiss. Seven years down the drain. Luckily... you can start your life all over. Without Michael knowing, you had a couple of million dollars in your bank account. You used that money to buy you a house... This was a beginning of a new life. Maybe you'll find someone who will love you. Or....

2 years later...

You had a week before your wedding. That's right. You're getting married...again. The lucky man was your long time friend, Derek. During your time of your divorce, he was there to comfort you. One day he asked you on a date. You thought it was just hanging out, but on the same night, Derek told that he's much in love with you. Now... here you are. "Oh, baby... In seven days, we're going to be Mr. and Mrs. Smith." you sighed with happiness laying on his chest after making sweet love with him. He's no better than Michael though, but it's still great. "Yes, I can't wait to watch you down the aisle in your beautiful white gown. I hope I don't cry." Derek said, laughing. "There shall be no crying. I don't want to cry and when you see me, I'll have mascara running down my face, and then everything will be ruined. I want our wedding to be perfect." you scolded him, playfully. "Don't worry, Y/N. With you as the face, everthing will be perfect." Derek kissed your forehead. He's so amazing.

You smiled to yourself wrapping your arms around him tighter than ever. You felt safe in his arms. You've finally found your happiness once again. "So... Tomorrow you're meeting with Michelle for the flower arrangements?" Derek asked. "Yup. Since the colors are going to be purple and white, I say white roses and.... still thinking about the other choice." you said. "Well, whatever you choose, they're going to be beautiful." he stated closing his eyes. "But, I also can't wait until the honeymoon. Where are we going?" "I've already told you, Y/N... It's a surprise!" "Ugh! I hate surprises." you whined.

"I know you do, baby. But trust me... you'll love this one. Now get some sleep. You and I both have a big day tomorrow." Derek said. You kissed his lips good night before falling asleep.

The next day...

You and Michelle are walking around looking for your favorite flower shop. "If we went to the place I mentioned, we would've been back with flowers already!" Michelle complained. "Hey, this is my wedding, ok? And besides... this place is where I got my flowers from for my last wedding. I want things to be perfect." you told her. Michelle groaned but understood where you're coming from. "How far are we from this place anyway?" "Umm... soon as we turn to this corner on the right, it should be three stores down." you said.

"Honestly, Y/N. Do you really want to go to that place? You said it yourself that this place is where you bought your flowers for your first wedding..."

"Michelle... I'm over it, and I'm over him. He's in the past. Yeah, I did bought flowers at this place for my first wedding.... Nine years ago! But that doesn't change the fact that I want to buy more flowers for my second wedding.... In six days!! I want to go to that flower shop, specifically. It's not like I'm going to see him again, anyways. So let's go..." you explained.

"Ok, Y/N... whatever you say. Did you at least pick what flowers you want?" Michelle asked. "I have my roses for the white. I'm still questioning about what flower I should have for purple."

"How about Lavender?" a familiar voice said behind you

"How about Lavender?" a familiar voice said behind you. No... This can't be... Both you and Michelle paused. You slowly turned around and is now facing with your ex husband. "Michael?" you questioned nervously. "Hello, Y/N." Michael said with a warm smile on his face. He took of his sunglasses, not looking away from your shock. Michelle groaned looking at him. "Well, I'll be damned..." "Nice to see you too, Michelle." he said, annoyed. "Ha! Nice to see me again? The last time I saw you, I had to comfort my girl after all the bullshit you put her through!" Michelle scoffed. What the fuck are you doing here? Why the fuck are you talking to me? You better go before I-

"So, Y/N... how are you?" he tried to have a conversation. "I-I'm great! Never been better! See you grew your hair! Looks good!" you said as you felt sweat form across your head. "Thank you... I wanted to try something new for a change." he giggled. "Well, that's great and all but, Y/N and I have somewhere to be. So nice seeing you again..." she said with a fake smile. Michelle grabbed you by the arm pulling you away from him. "WAIT!" Michael shouted. You turned around looking at him again.

"Do you mind me asking what's the flowers for?" he asked. "Yes, she does..." Michelle yelled. "No I don't..." you glared at Michelle. "Y/N, what are you doing? It's none of his business." Michelle said glaring at Michael with disgust. "Michelle, why don't you meet me there at the shop?" you suggested. "But Y/N, I-" you glared at her with irritation in your eyes. She looked at you then looked back at him. "Fine, you're grown. I can't tell you what to do. I'll see you at the shop." she sighed walking away.

"Sorry about her. She's not a fan." you joked. Michael giggled. "Yeah, I could see that." he rolled his eyes. "But, why are you going to the shop?" he asked. Why are you on my ass about it?

"Well..." you sighed. "If you must know, I'm buying flowers for m-my wedding." you answered. Michael's face was filled with disbelief. You thought he was about to cry. You felt bad for him. But, why should you? It's his fault.

"Wedding, huh?" Michael asked scratching his head. "Yeah... I'm getting married next week." you said not looking at him. Michael sniffed a little. Does he already know? "Con-congratulations!" he tried so hard not to cry. Why do I feel so guilty? Damn, Michael...

"Thank you. Means a lot." you said. Michael unexpectedly grabbed you pulling you in for a hug. You surprisingly hugged him back. You missed his warm hugs. The memories were coming back to you. The good ones that is. Michael then kissed you on your forehead. "I'm happy for you. Whoever he is, he's a very lucky man. Just like I was when we were married." "Yeah, and look at us now." you said. Though you still have love for Michael, you're still hurt after what was done during the divorce. Michael cleared his throat.

"About that... Y/N, I want-" "No... It's fine! Honest!" you cut him off. "No it's not... Um, listen. Do you mind having coffee with me later on today? If you're not busy." he asked with pleaded eyes. Y/N, NO!!

"Uhhhh... I don't know, Michael." "Please? Just this once." he begged. You hesitated at first. Just this once. Maybe you can tell how you feel. Talk about him, in front of him.

You looked at him nodding. "Ok... sure. We can have some coffee. Where at?"

Michael took a paper out of his pocket. "This is the hotel I'm staying. Come by and we'll have coffee. Around 6?" "Yeah that's fine..." you took the paper from him.

Michael smiled biting his lip. "See you later on, Y/N..."he said.

"Yeah... See you soon..." you said. That way I can tell you it's over between us and I won't have to see you ever again...