His First Kiss

One Shot

1972

You were hanging out with Michael at his house, in the living room watching old movies

You were hanging out with Michael at his house, in the living room watching old movies. This was part of the things you liked to do with him. In this particular scene, there was a part where a girl and a guy started to kiss. For some reason, it made Michael very uncomfortable.

"Something wrong?" you asked him. Michael looked at you, awkwardly. "No.... why?" "You seemed so awkward when you saw the kissing scene." you said. "Oh, that? It's just two people pressing their lips on each other. Nothing too fancy about that." he chuckled, continuing to watch the movie. You turned off the TV which made him upset.

"Hey... I was watching that!" Michael fussed. You turned your body towards him. "Michael, we've watched this movie plenty of times. Any every time the kissing scene comes up, you seemed fine. Why all of a sudden, you look... weird and nervous?"

Michael looked away from your stare. You could tell he's embarrassed. "Promise me you won't laugh." he said, quietly. "Why would I laugh at you?" you asked, a little confused.

"You know about my arranged date I have coming up?" Michael questioned. "About that game show where you ask questions and three girls have to answer them? Then you choose which one is best?" you asked. Michael nodded. "Yeah..."

You hated to see him with another girl. But, you went along with it and tried to be cool. "What's so bad about that?" Michael faced you looking into your eyes. He grabbed both of your hands, squeezing them tight.

"Y/N... promise me you won't laugh or judge about what I am going to say." he said. Practically begged. "I promise Michael. Now tell me."

Michael sighed nervously. "What if my date wants more from me? You know..." "Like a hug?" you knew where this was heading. "More than a hug." he whispered.

"You mean a kiss?" Michael was too ashamed to answer so he put his head down. "You're afraid to kiss her?" "Pretty much."

"Oh it can't be that terrible. You've kissed girl before right?" you asked him.

Still with his head down, he shook his head. You were surprised. "You've never kissed a girl? In your life?" "Does mother count?" Michael asked.

You giggled. "No, silly..." "Oh.... then no." he giggled. "And.... that's why you were uncomfortable watching the scene?"

"Yes. And it's stupid...." Michael complained. "No... it's not. You don't have to be ashamed of it. Michael, it's not like you'll never going to experience what your first kiss would be like. Who knows, you're probably a great kisser." you tried to cheer him up.

"I just don't know how, Y/N! My brothers tried to teach me. Didn't go so well. My older sisters tried. Failed completely. And I am not going to ask my parents about my problem. Too embarrassing."

You felt really bad for him. Poor Michael. "I don't know what else to do." he said covering his face with a pillow. You grabbed the pillow away from him. "Michael, what you need to do is have confidence. Have confidence within yourself. Come on. You're cute.... funny.... fun to hang out with... and very talented. Any girl is lucky to go on a date with you. I'm lucky to personally know you as a friend. So stop with the self pity."

"I'm not being sorry for myself. I'm just too embarrassed. That's all." he argued.

You thought an idea. "What if I help you? Like give you advice." Michael gave you a weird expression. "If my family can't help, what makes you think you can?" "I'm not related to you. I'm your age. And I understand what you're going through." you answered bluntly.

Michael blushed. "Ok... what do you have in mind?"

"Practice kissing on the mirror." "Tried that. Did not help." Michael said. "O...K. Ummm.... use your hand." "What advice is this?" he laughed. "Hey, do you want my help or not?" you said raising an eyebrow. "Ok... Sorry..."

You thought about another idea, but you couldn't think of anything. Then it hit you. "Oh.... try to kiss her when she least expects it. Surprise her."

"Surprise her? How am I supposed to-" Michael was cut off when you pressed your lips against his. You kissed him for a few seconds before pulling away.

Still in the position he's at, he opened his eyes. You bit your bottom lip. "See?" Michael nodded his head. "There.... now you don't have to worry about your first kiss... cause you received it from me." you said.

"By the way... you're a great kisser... in my opinion." you blushed.