3 | Free

Kendra sat on the sofa in the Lars home, watching as Obi-Wan spoke to Cliegg. She felt sadness drowning the home, which caused her to stand up, and walk outside.

She walked towards the back, and spotted Anakin. He stood with a small rock in his hands.
"Anakin?" She asked.
His eyes met hers. "I did what I shouldn't have done."
"What did you do?"

"I killed everyone of them! They're animals! And I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them!" He screamed, tears falling down his face. He fell to the ground and held his knees, causing the girl to frown.

"I shouldn't be crying." He growled, wiping away the remaining tears with the sleeve of his tunic.
"To be angry is to be human."
His bright eyes met hers. "I'm a Jedi, we're selfless."

Kendra sat down next to him, sighing. "Can I ask you something?"
He looked at her again, waiting for her to speak.
"I sometimes have these. . Dreams. . .These dreams become real, and the other night.. I dreamt that I was going to be taken away from here.. To become a Jedi. I thought it was real, but then I forced myself to wake up." She explained.
"You. . . Have dreams?" He asked.

Kendra scratched his skin awkwardly. "That was weird, I apologize."
"No-No! . . . I know what you're talking about." He said.

"You do?" She asked.
"I have the same dreams. That's how I found my mother. I dreamt that she was dying, and she did."

What does this mean? Do Anakin and I really have the same thing in common?

Anakin stared at Kendra for a moment. She didn't say anything, but let him take her in.
"I should go find Obi-Wan." He said, standing up. "I'll be back."

-

Obi-Wan stood outside of the home with a cup in his hands. Anakin jogged towards him, and he looked at him weirdly.

"What has you in a hurry?" He asked Anakin.

The boy panted for air before speaking. "Master, I have to tell you something, about Kendra."
"What is it?"

He swallowed as the dryness in his throat increased. "She told me about these dreams she has. . . They're just like mine, Master."
"Is that all?"

"She dreamt of becoming one of us."
Obi-Wan shook his head. "That's impossible, it had to be just a dream."
"Master, I can sense the force when I'm around her. . . It's her destine."

"Are you telling me that she's meant to be a Jedi? Oh God — Anakin, she's just a girl!"
"Dig deep into the force and tell me what you feel, master."
He didn't say anything as he stared at Anakin.

"Master Windu must know about this before any move."
He nodded. "Yes, Master."
"I'll send a hologram now, stay here."

Obi-Wan explained to Master Windu that the force was strong in Kendra. After a long conversation, Obi-Wan returned.

"Get the girl."

He furrowed his brows. "Does this mean she's returning to Coruscant with us?"
He nodded. "Master Windu has given the permission to me to train her, as a Padawan like you."

Anakin smiled. "This — This is great! She'll be a -"
"Anakin, we don't have time, just get her and we'll go back to Watto, and tell him we're taking her."

-

Anakin drove the Speeder back to Watto's, which Kendra didn't want. She hated Watto. She wished She could just leave, and not look back at that monster.

As they pulled up to the shop, Anakin and Obi-Wan nodded to each other before exiting the vehicle.

Watto flew out of the shop, and huffed. "Ani!"
"No time, Watto. We came here to tell you that Kendra will no longer be your slave."

Kendra rose a brow. "What?"
My little sister appeared behind Watto.
"What do you mean?"

"Mace Windu has informed me that we will be taking Kendra back to Coruscant with us. She will train as a Padawan Learner, and soon become a Jedi Master."

Watto growled. "You can't take her!"
Anakin got in Watto's face, and his eyes widened. "You sold my mother, and now she's dead. You will give us the girl."

Watto looked at all three of them before grumbling. "Fine! Take her."

Obi-Wan looked at Kendra. "Feel free to get your things, whatever you want to take."
She nodded.

"You can't leave!" Her sister cried, wrapping her arms around Kendra. She held her tightly.
"I'm sorry." She whispered. "We'll be together soon, I promise."

She kissed her forehead before walking into the shop. The girl gathered the small selection of outfits she had, and met Anakin and Obi-Wan outside.

A ship landed just outside of the shop, and she looked back at Ciara. Tears spilled from her eyes as she waved at sister.

"Soon." She promised her.

That was the last word Kendra had said as she walked up the ramp of the ship with Anakin at her side.  As the ramp folded up and closed, She knew this was a new chapter.