15 | Mission Planning

I just want to tell you guys how much I love reading your comments, they make me so happy :)

Kendra's POV:

I woke up late the next day, and jumped quickly out of bed. I pulled on my tunic and leggings before pulling on my boots and belt.
I left my hair down, remembering that Anakin likes it that way. I ran my fingers through it before running towards the elevator.

Exiting the elevator, I ran around the corner, only to run into someone. They caught me my the arms, and I looked up to see Anakin.

"You about took off my other arm there." He said.
I sighed. "Sorry, I'm running a bit late."
"I'd hurry then, Master Windu is in no mood to wait today." He mumbled.
"Are you alright?" I asked.
He shrugged. "That depends."
I rose a brow. "On what?"
"That depends on if you're willing to meet me in front of the temple tonight. I want to show you something."

I pressed my lips together to hide my forming smile. "Alright. But if I'm there first, I-"
"You won't have to worry, I'll beat you in seconds." He smirked.

He rubbed my arm before walking away, and I giggled quietly.

-

Anakin's POV:

I listened quietly as Master Windu spoke to Obi-Wan. I stood there with no say at all, only answering yes or no to Obi-Wan.

"I will head to Utapau soon, perhaps General Grievous is still stationed there."
"That may be our only lead right now. We have yet to locate any other Droid and Trooper bases."
"What do I do, Master?" I asked. I had to be involved somehow!

Obi-Wan looked at me. "Anakin, you will stay here and protect Senator Amidala."
I inhaled a breath irritatedly. "Yes, Master."

The bright side is that I get to see Kendra. Being gone for three years, I feel that I have missed out on her achievements.

"And when I arrive back, you, Kendra and Senator Amidala will head to Naboo and protect her there until it isn't necessary."

"It already isn't necessary." Padmé interrupted as she walked in. "Master Windu, this has been happening for three years. If this bounty hunter is still ordering assassinations, we would know already."

"Not necessarily, Senator." Master Windu began. "If he is being kept on Kamino, that means he's staying ground."

"Meaning he has been up to something." Obi-Wan mentioned.

I turned to Padmé. "No taking it back, Milady."
She sighed. "Fine. Now will you excuse me, I will retire."

I looked at Obi-Wan who gave a disapproving look. "She didn't take that well."
Master Windu looked straight at me. "Do everything that it takes to protect her, Anakin." He demanded.

I nodded my head. "Yes, Master."

Obi-Wan and I walked down the corridor as he began to speak.

"I expect you to make sure Kendra doesn't get into any trouble on Naboo when you leave."
"Don't worry, Kendra will be on her best behavior. But I'm worried to know if Padmé will cause any trouble, Master."

He shook his head. "I wish she would understand."
"Maybe she feels intruded, privacy wise." I guessed.
"We have given her much privacy, Anakin. This is her wanting to take care of things herself."
"What will we do?" I asked.
He sighed. "Nothing. For now, you will watch her and make sure she is safe."
I nodded. "I won't fail you, Master." I promised him.
"Very well. I will be on my way to Utapau, then."

Walking towards the doors, I shot up.
"Master!" I shouted.
He turned around, and I sighed.

"May the force be with you."
He smiled. "Goodbye old friend. May the force be with you."

-

Kendra's POV:

I hurried down to the Jedi Temple, seeing Anakin waited as he promised.

I noticed a bright colored speeder behind him, and I rose a brow.

"What is that doing here?" I asked.
He grinned before grabbing my hands, and pulling me closer to the vehicle.

"I found this on Tatooine a few weeks ago, and I worked on it for a while.. It's yours now."
I blinked a few times. "You're giving me a speeder?"
"I know you've always wanted one, now you have one."

I stood on my tip toes before wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his around my waist.

"Thank you... This, is perfect." I admitted.
"I was hoping you'd say that."
I laughed, watching him smile widely.

"And I should inform you that you, Padmé and I are traveling to Naboo soon."
"What's on Naboo?" I asked.
"Protection. The Jedi apparently think Coruscant isn't safe for Senator Amidala anymore."
I huffed. "Alright."

He smiled. "You'll love Naboo. It's a beautiful Planet. Nothing like Coruscant."
"I can't wait." I muttered.

After a few seconds, he sighed.
"I will see you soon, then." He told me. "Goodnight, Ken."
I smiled. "Goodnight, Anakin."