18 | Dagobah

Kendra's POV:

I opened my eyes only to see the same distance of darkness that surrounded me. The electrocution cuffs were not around me anymore, and I was free.

I stepped forward, only to feel the ground beneath me soften, and soon collapse.
A scream escaped my mouth as I fell, and I landed in water. The air I breathed was thick and moist, and fog filled the air.

You will soon understand the power of the dark side.

The voice lingered in my head as I covered my ears and squeezed my eyes shut. I climbed out of the water and onto the mush ground, grabbing the vines and branches around me for support.

Soon.

"Get out of my head!" I screamed, falling to my knees weakly. My head span as the voice circled my mind.
More screams escaped my mouth as the evil laugh flooded my head. It was as if my brain was set on fire.

I quickly got to my feet again and ran. It wasn't long until I tripped over vines, and fell again.
"Go away, please!" I yelled as the voice appeared again.

You were made for this, Kendra.

Tears streamed down my face as I crawled towards the fog, hoping it lead to a way out.

Join me, Kendra. This is your destiny. The lust for power is strong, I sense your anger. Use it, love it.

"NO!" I screamed, my throat aching as I cried harder. "I am a Jedi!"

Kendra.

"No-No!"

"Kendra!"

I opened my eyes as arms wrapped around me. I choked out a sob as I buried my face in Anakin's chest.

I jerked away suddenly. "You're in my head!"
"Kendra, listen to me. You're in the pit. These are all hallucinations."
I winced as he hooked his arm under my knees, lifting me into his arms. He jumped up until we were out of the hole, and he began to walk.
"You're safe now." He told me.
The air was easier to breathe as he walked onto a ship. A hiss was heard as the ramp came up.

"Oh my."

Padmé stood at the ship control panels as Anakin sat me down.
She ran towards the compartment in the hallway of the ship and brought back a blanket and towel as Anakin helped me dry. I quickly wrapped the warm object around me, letting out a shaky breath.

"Hallucinations... You said I was having hallucinations." I stuttered.
He sat down next to me. "The pit you fell in.. It's supposed to train those with the use of Hallucinations."
I swallowed. "I don't know who took me there."
He rubbed my back gently. "We're working on that."
I looked up at him as his blue eyes met mine. "Thank you."
"You're welcome."

-

We arrived to Coruscant shortly after, and I came face-to-face with Master Windu.
"Are you alright?" He asked me.
I nodded. "Yes, Master. Thank you."
"It is best for you to rest." He said to me.
I bowed before him. "Thank you, Master."

Anakin followed me towards the apartment building as I walked. "How are you feeling?"
"Well now that my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode, I suppose I'm better." 
He chuckled lightly at my sarcasm, and I smiled at the beautiful sound.

"You always end up saving me." I said as we stopped in front of the building. "I'm entirely grateful."
He shook his head. "I'm just glad I found you.. I was worried about you."
I looked up at him. "You were?"
"Of course I was." He said as he turned his back to me suddenly. "I always am."

He didn't even look to make sure Padmé wasn't watching when he leaned forward, pressing his lips to my forehead.