29 | The Plan

Anakin's POV:

"You both are lucky that you weren't killed." Obi-Wan lectured us. "Otherwise our plan would be ruined."

"I'm very sorry, Master." I said. "But we are alive, here; right in front of you."

He looked at me and sighed. "Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?"
I frowned. "Don't say that, Master. You're the closest thing I have to a Father."

He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Be more careful next time, Anakin. I wouldn't want to lose you."

"I understand."

He exhaled as he turned around to Kendra. "The same goes for you."
"I understand, Master."

Chancellor Palpatine walked in, along with Master Yoda and Windu.

"I've been told that the Bounty Hunter, Jango, has escaped." Chancellor Palpatine said.

I nodded. "He escaped after almost blowing us to pieces."
"I'm just glad that you and Kendra are alright." He said to me. "But now, we must talk about the plan."

I stood in front of Palpatine's desk as he seated, along with Kendra and Obi-Wan next to me.

"We will head to Geonosis to finish off the Bounty Hunter, and the droid army. I have assigned each Jedi to certain ships that will send them to different locations, to make it equal."

I looked at Obi-Wan, and the both of us looked back at Palpatine. "Excuse me, Chancellor. But wouldn't it be superior if we went in at once, together?" I asked.

"You have a point, boy. But I believe that it will be a lot quicker to spread out."

I could see at the corner of my eyes that Master Windu was staring at the Chancellor. I looked over at Kendra who shrugged faintly at me.

"There are four sections of the droid army that will be stationed on the fields. We must take them out immediately."

The room stayed silent.

"You all are dismissed. Meet on the platform tomorrow, and we will head out."

-

I walked along side Obi-Wan and Master Windu in the corridor, my arms folded over my chest.

"I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi." Master Windu told us. "The darkness surrounds the Chancellor."

"Do you believe something is happening, Master Windu?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I can't assume anything until I know." He answered. "But it isn't something good."

"Perhaps we need to watch Chancellor Palpatine." Obi-Wan said quietly.

Master Windu looked at me. "Anakin, you seem to have a close bond with the Chancellor."

I shrugged. "Nothing that special, Master."

"That's good to hear." He muttered. "Because you will spy on him until we find out what is happening. You, too." Master Windu said, pointing. I turned my head to see Kendra who stood confused.

"Remind me next time not to walk into the middle of a conversation." Kendra said.
"Anakin will fill you in." He said. "I must get going."

Obi-Wan sighed as Master Windu left. "I will see you tomorrow."

I turned my attention to Kendra as Obi-Wan walked away.

"What was that about?" She asked me.

I sighed. "Obi-Wan and Master Windu believe that the Chancellor is hiding something."
She knitted her eyebrows together. "What do you mean?"

"They can sense the darkness that surrounds him." I replied. "I'm beginning to sense it too."
She looked down at the ground. "I never really considered thinking about the Dark Side since Ciara, I haven't focused on feeling it if it were around me."

I grabbed her hand with mine. "It doesn't make sense. I trust the Chancellor."

"Maybe it isn't true." Kendra said. "We just have to find out."

I sighed.

She pressed her hand to my face. "What will you do if it is true?"

I looked into her eyes, wanting to melt underneath her touch. "What I have to do."
"What is that?"
"I'll turn him in." I answered. "He can't be free if it is true."

She frowned.

"But we don't have to think of that right now." I said. "We have a mission tomorrow to think about."
"I can't wait." She muttered, causing me to smile.

"It shouldn't be so bad." I said, hearing her scoff.

I kissed her forehead. "We'll get through this, like we always do."