+ t a e h y u n g |OPPOSITE|

[Requested by ProfessorSoul]

『Opposite : Sweet』

『Characters: Britney + Taehyung』

-------

School, the living hell for students. Britney was just a normal college student who enjoyed studying. She didn't bother with partying, she didn't even bother with her social life. Although Britney was intelligent, she wasn't popular.

On the other hand, a boy known as Kim Taehyung was popular. He was intelligent and girls would always swoon over him. Many people envied Taehyung's perfect life, but no one thought that life could take a change in an instant, making things the opposite of what they should be.

It was the final semester, Taehyung's grades dropped, girls lost interest in him, and life at home was rough. At that moment on, Taehyung lost hope in his road to success. He saw failure. He felt embarrassed. And out of all of that, he became unpopular. 

A new semester began the following year. Taehyung held his head high. He was confident for a change. He took a seat in the auditorium while waiting for the professor to arrive. He sat on the side where no one was. As for Britney, she also sat in an area where there was no people.

Silence settles in, signalling the professor's arrival. "Welcome to a new semester students. Your first project will be done in pairs," said the professor with no change of expression. The professor called out two names, "And the last pair will be Britney and Taehyung. You are all dismissed to begin your project. Please locate your partner to begin."

Britney's eyes widened. She knew that Taehyung was a popular guy, but Taehyung never knew about Britney's existence until now. They met up and began working on their project. Both of them rarely talked.

It was late, Britney and Taehyung have been working on the project since morning. It was at that moment when one of them finally spoke up.

"Would you like to go get some coffee with me?" Taehyung questioned Britney with a neutral face.

"Sure," agreed Britney.

They went to a vending machine and got canned coffee.

"It's my treat," said Taehyung with a smile, "Don't worry about paying me back."

Britney was touched by Taehyung's kindness, "Thank you."

As they were drinking coffee, Britney couldn't help but ask Taehyung what was wrong. Britney had noticed that Taehyung seemed gloomy, "Is something wrong Taehyung? Do you want to talk about it?"

Taehyung looked shocked, "How did you know that something was wrong?"

Britney sighed, "Well... I thought that someone popular like you would always be happy. I envied your perfect life."

Taehyung began to explain his situation to Britney. Britney was bewildered by the real truth, she was sorry about what she said.

Taehyung smiled, "I just wish things would be the opposite of what they are." Taehyung stood up and stared out the window.

"Maybe it was meant to be that way. Maybe your life took a change to let you learn new things. Don't be upset about things being the opposite. You always have a chance to change it." Britney stood up to reassure Taehyung.

Suddenly Taehyung hugged Britney, "Thank you," he said, "I will make sure to take that chance."

-------

I SWEAR I CANNOT WRITE THINGS LIKE THIS. I'M HORRIBLE. #SORRY HAHA. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT~ I'M SORRY IF IT DIDN'T MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. MY LACK OF CREATIVITY IS HITTING ME LIKE EMPTY JAR OF JAMS.