Babysitting

Hey Guys! Hope you had a Merry Christmas or had a happy day in general if you don't celebrate christmas! IMPORTANT: Emma is 14, Jules is 15 in this.

Clary's POV

I sighed and hung up the phone. 

"Jace." I call rom our bedroom. 

"Yeah?" He asks, leaning against the doorframe.

"That was the Clave, they said that they needed us down there today and tomorrow." I explain, throwing some clothes in a duffel bag. He groans and stuffs his clothes in the same duffel.

"Why do they even make us go? It's so boring." He complains. I agree with him, the last few meeting have been nothing but boring.  We throw a few more things in the duffel and say bye to Izzy and Alec.

"Ready?"   I ask him, and he nods, following me through the portal I made. We walk out right in the middle of town. We make our way to Amatis's old house, where we stay when we are here.

I drop my stuff, as someone knocks at the door. I hurry out of the bedroom and open the door to see Maryse.

"Hey, Maryse, what are you doing here?" I ask her. 

"Well the Clave called you down here to watch the children of the shadowhunters that are going to be at the meeting." She says. I stare at her, shocked. We weren't told to come here to attend the meeting, we have to babysit all the children.

"Um, okay." I say. Jace comes up behind me and greets his mom. 

"Whats going on?" He asks. When Maryse leaves.

"Well basically we are stuck watching all of the kids while everyone is at the meeting."  I explain, sitting down on the couch.

"They want us to practice for when we have kids," Jace says with a smirk. I smile and roll my eyes. 

About an hour later shadowhunters start showing up and dropping off their kids. Four toddlers, two teenagers, Emma, Jules, and about 15 other 8-12 year olds.

One of the babies start crying and I walk over to him. I shush him and he smiles at me, grabbing some of my hair. I hear a crash and turn to one of the kids, Jonas. He is running around the house, knocking things off tables and pushing other kids over. I give him a look, he is too old to be acting like this. I sigh and put the baby back in the makeshift crib, making my way over to Jonas.

"Jonas!" I yell to him. He pauses with the vase in his hand and everyone goes silent. He gives me a mischievous smile and lets go of the vase. I just watch it hit the floor and shatter. Jace's expression darkens in anger. He walks up to Jonas and grabs the collar of his shirt, dragging him into the kitchen. 

I walk over to Jules and Emma and ask, "Do you know that kid?" 

"I know he's 14, he doesn't act his age, and that he is the spawn of the devil." Emma says, with a roll of her eyes. I hear Jace screaming at Jonas, but I can't make out what he's saying.

A little boy about 8 comes up to me and asks to play a game with me. We walk over to some of the games and he picks one out. A few other kids join in and we play a few rounds. Emma and Jules are standing by the babies and talking.

Jace and Jonas walk out of the kitchen  a little while later and Jonas goes and sits on the couch, not saying anything. 

"Jace!" A small boy screams and hugs Jace's leg. Jace laughs and picks him up, ruffling his hair. The boy grabs Jace's face and talks to him very seriously. Jace try to keep his face as serious as possible, but it is obvious that the little boy was saying something funny. Jace nods at what the boy says and sets him down. 

Jace comes over to me and I stand. "What did you say to Jonas?" I ask him.

"I just told him that if he ever actually wanted to be a shadowhunter he had to stop acting like that. And he listened." Jace explained.

They were in there for a lot longer than just that, but I decided not to ask because some kids came up to us and asked for food. I went into the kitchen and made some grilled cheese. I called everyone in the small kitchen and handed them a sandwich.

A few more hours of crying kids and changing diapers, the parents finally came for their children. 

"Jace!" The little boy cries as his mom comes to pick him up. The boy latches onto Jaces leg and refuses to let go. Jace picks him up and smiles.

"I'll se you again," Jace says, "I promise." 

The little boy, satisfied with that answer, hugs Jace and runs over to his mom. We shut the door behind him and I let out a sigh of relief, all the kids are gone.

I sprawl out on the couch and motion for Jace to come sit. I lay my head on his lap and drift off to sleep, thinking of when we will have our own kids running around.