Drunk Dates and Karaoke

How's it going guys? You doing good? That's good! Enjoy...

Clary's POV

Isabelle and I were standing in front of the mirror in my room. "You look good Clary!" She says as I put gold earrings in my ears.

"So do you Iz." I say, looking at her in the mirror. She was wearing a nice black dress that went down about mid-thigh. It had nice lace at the top and was exactly Isabelle's style.

I looked at the Navy Blue dress that  was wearing. It was almost the same style as Izzy's, but she made me get it because, 'It looked good with my hair'. I had learned by now not to argue with  Izzy's fashion advice, and just go with it. Most of the things she picked for me looked nice in the end anyway.

"Lets go, the guys are waiting in the library." Izzy says, walking out the door. I close the door behind me and walk through the halls of the Institute. Jace, Alec, Magnus, and Simon were waiting for us, talking and laughing. They were all dressed up decent, with button up shirts and khakis or dark pants. We were all going to this nice bar/restaurant, but it was more like just a bar without roaches and slimy bartenders. 

We all walked out of the Institute together and walked the little ways downtown. Magnus was leading us, but after a few minutes go us lost and nowhere near the bar.

"Well you're just a great navigator." Simon says, rolling his eyes as Jace pulled out his phone to us the GPS.

"Shut it, Simone, I'm the best navigator out of all of us." Magnus argues as Alec shakes his head at their petty argument.

Jace found the place on his phone and started walking to it. I walked next to him, looking at the phone to make sure he was going the right way. "don't trust me?" he asks, smiling as he squeezed my hand gently.

I shook my head, "I don't trust you with directions after that time in Vegas." I say, walking down the long street.

We finally arrive after a few minutes, thanks to Jace's phone, and Alec holds the door open as we all file in. It was nice in there, and probably one of the cleanest bars I've ever seen in New York. There weren't many people in there, a few of them were singing karaoke while others watched.

"We should definitely do karaoke!" Magnus says, sitting down at the bar. Alec sat down next to him. We all sat in a row, a few of them ordering drinks and showing their ID's. I didn't get one yet, just in case I had to deal with drunk Jace.

A drunk Jace was not a reasonable Jace, he was goofy, ridiculous, and extremely annoying. He doesn't drink a lot, only once or twice on special occasions or if everyone else wants to. 

A drunk Magnus is worse than Jace, though. Once when Magnus was drunk he portaled Alec across the world to Japan because he wanted to throw up in a Japanese toilet, not an American one. I thought it was kind of cool, but Alec did not find it amusing.

We all talked for a while, listening to some people sing. Some people were very good, with smooth voices and happy faces. After we listened to a few people Magnus decided to drag Alec up there to sing with him. They sang Purple Rain By: Prince, which was a song they both really liked. Alec didn't want to sing in from of all the people, but Magnus had talked him into it.

They actually did better than all of us had expected, and Alec had a nice voice, also to our surprise. 

Jace smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me up and to where you could pick a song. Most of them were old songs, which were okay. I stood and flipped trough the songs, Jace standing over my shoulder.  

"What song?" I ask him, looking up over my shoulder at Jace. His blond locks were falling over his forehead is soft tufts. 

"Whichever one you want." He smiled down at me and kissed the top of my head gently. We went back to looking for songs until we finally found one. 

We ended up picking Bad from Michael Jackson, because it was one of the best songs on the list and we'd thought it would be hilarious.

We actually didn't sound bad, but our friends were in hysterics at our song choice. Izzy and Simon went next. As they picked a song Jace and I got a drinks and waited. They picked Livin' On a Prayer by: Bon Jovi. 

Izzy is better at cooking than singing. When they tried to hit the high notes we all howled with laughter. Even Izzy was laughing at their singing as they tried to finish the song.

After a few drinks and more people doing karaoke, we decided to head back to the Institute. The only problem was getting Jace back. He was only slightly drunk, right on the verge of tipsy.

"Hey Clary...?" He asks as we walk back.

"Yes, Jace?" I ask with a sigh, looking over at him as we walk back. 

"Can dogs bark in British accents?" He asks with a wondering look as I open the institute doors and push him up the stairs.

"No, they can't." I shake my head a him with a smile and open our bedroom door. I push him in and he crashes down on the bed. I lie next to him and he smiles at me, "I like you a lot." He says.

"Yes, I think I know that." I say and he yawns, closing his eyes. Maybe he won't be so annoying this time, I thought.

"Can llama's see in color?" He asks as I close my eyes.

"I don't know, Jace." I say

"What about dogs, Clary?" He asks as I lay my head on his chest.

"I don't think so..." I say

"Hippos?"

"I don't know."

"Sheep?"

"No Clue."

"Humans?"

"Go to bed, Jace."

Hey Guys! If you'd like to hear about "That time in Vegas" Leave a comment that you would. Thanks for reading, voting, and enjoying!