Chapter 7

Emma's P.O.V.

After a sleepless night I dragged myself out of bed at 7:30am and headed for the shower. I was in the shower for a good 20 minutes in the hopes it would wake me up more, and i did slightly. After i was done in the shower, I went into my room and over to my closet. I pulled out a plain black thick strap vest top, a pair of denim ripped jeans out of my draws, a light grey zip-up hoodie and a pair of boots. After doing tying my boots up loosely, I went over to my dresser and dried my hair. Usually i have my hair in a ponytail but due to my busted arm i wouldn't put it up so i had to leave it down.

I then left my room and walked towards the kitchen. As i entered i was greeted by Connor, Megan, Wally and Artemis. I walked straight over to get some coffee, then Megan said
"Did you get any sleep last night?" i then leaned against the kitchen counter and answered
"i got about three hours. Thanks for the talk last night."
"Anytime. So you ready for the session with Black Canary later."
"I guess, anyway what are you guys doing today?"Wally then answered whilst walking out of the kitchen
"Well when Rob and Kaldur get here we've got a training session with Canary after your session. Then i think we have the rest of the day off."

When Wally walked past me he knocked my cup of coffee off the counter and before he noticed i swung my good arm round and grabbed the cup without spilling a drop. i then looked up to see the shocked faces of my fellow teens then Artemis said
"Nice reflexes."
" Yeah well i've been doing this for 10 years so they've got better over the years." Then Robin, Kaldur, Batman and Black Canary walk in; she then spoke
"Emma you ready for are session?". I nodded and followed her, i also waved at Robin and Kaldur as i passed them.

Black Cararys P.O.V.

I could tell something was wrong with Emma. She look exhausted so that i would have to ask her about that in our session. When we entered the therapy room I motioned for her to sit on the green chair opposite mine and she did. I then spoke
"So Emma you going to tell me why you look exhausted?" i looked at her and could tell she didn't want to answer but she did anyway
"When i was 5 i had these nightmares. It took me years to get over them but i had one last night"
"What was the nightmare about? if you don't mind me asking."
"When my parents went missing i had nightmares about what could have happened to them. Last night i saw them with guns held to the back of their heads and a faceless figure standing behind them, i couldn't move i couldn't speak. and then they got shot in the back of the head. i watched them die and i was helpless to save them".

I could see that talking about her parents upset, so i dropped the subject.
"Ok next topic, i would like you to tell me more about you, for example you life outside of SHIELD."
"Ok, well i didn't really have one. SHIELD was my life, i owe them everything. I was only a few months away from graduating the SHIELD academy and finishing high school, so i'd say my life was pretty good"
"Tell me about the people that looked after you, you said that the Avengers took you in what are they like"
"For a group of guys they were surprisingly good at raising a 5 year old kid. Bruce and Tony taught me about science, Thor taught me about Mythology , Sam taught me mechanics and Clint was more like a Father figure to me than a Friend and he taught me archery and stuff like that."

We spoke for about 1 hour and 30 minutes and then I asked
"Hows your arm feeling?"
" its feeling ok, i mean as good as it can when its broken in 3 different places."
"Good. Now whilst your staying here i would like you to keep a journal. you can do whatever you want in it, draw, write ect." i handed her the big black journal then she said
"Not to sound rude Canary but that sounds kind of stupid."
"it might sound stupid but it's helpful. If you don't feel like talking to anyone about what your feeling you can write it down. Anyway i've got a training session with the team and your welcome to watch, it will be good for you to study their moves so you are ready to begin training with them in a few weeks." she then nodded and we walked into the training room where the Young Justice team was waiting for their session.