Chapter 13

Earth 1
Location: Avengers Tower
Date: January 28th

The mood in the Tower is low. Everyone is trying to stay busy so they keep their minds off what day it is. January 28th, Emma's 18th Birthday. They all hoped that Emma would have been found months ago but nothing.

Tony has constant scan going around the world that will alert him if Emma is seen. Sam has refused to continue work on the car he and Emma started restoring 6 months before she went missing. Hulk and Thor have made an idea that neither of them are to beat the highscores that Emma set on their games, At least until she comes home. Recently Bruce has been Hulk more than Bruce, but when Bruce is around he's analysing the CCTV footage from the day Emma disappeared. Clint has had his hands full recently with the birth of his son and third child, Nathaniel. His other two kids, Lana and Jaxson , miss Emma with all their hearts and don't fully understand where she's gone.

6 months after the disappearance the avengers couldn't help but feel guilty. When Emma was first born, Steve and Natasha made them promise that if anything happened, that They would protect and raise Emma the best they could. They fulfilled that promise until now. The remaining Avengers feel as if they have let their fallen teammates down by not finding the littlest Avenger. I may not have been official but Emma was and is an Avenger, today would have been the day they made it official. It would have been completely up to Emma whether or not she wanted to become a full time Avenger so if she would stay and lead her team. The decision was and always will be hers....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earth 2
Location: Mount Justice
Date: January 28th

Emma's P.O.V.

I was woken up at 8AM by my phone alarm. I turned it off but didn't get out of bed. Nobody knows what day it is, not even Dick. i know i probably should but i never celebrated my birthday much back home so i don't see why i should celebrate it here. My birthday always reminds me about what i've lost, most kids spend their birthdays with their parents but me, i can't even remember my last birthday with my parents. It's been 13 years since they went missing, 13 years trying to prove to everyone that i'm worthy of the name Rogers.

As i thought of home i reached over to my bedside cabinet and pulled out the two photos from my journal. I haven't looked at these much in the last year but today, i'm really missing home. I was snapped from my thoughts when i received a text. I put the photos down and picked up my phone. M'gann texted me
'Hey just a reminder Connor and I have exams all day so it's just you at the cave. See you later'
I finished my Exams last week but M'gann, Connor and Dick still have some left. Wally and Artemis are spending the week looking at colleges and apartments. Kaldur is spending a few days in Atlantis.

I stayed in bed for another 20 minutes before getting up and dressed. Today i was wearing a pair of dark ripped denim jeans, a black string strap top that sits slightly above my jeans and a pair of loosely tied combat boots. I grabbed my phone, bracelet and headed out of my room. As i walked towards the garage hanger i pulled my hair back into a single plait.

Entering the hanger i flipped the light switch and one by one the lights revealing the old car Connor and I salvaged a couple weeks ago. This car is basically the same as a car i was restoring at home. I got my first car when i hit double digits but didn't start driving until i was 13. My first car wasn't really a car it was just the chassis of a 1950 Camaro SS. Sam spent 3 years teaching me everything i needed to know about cars before we even started restoring it and he wanted me to know how to drive first. Clint taught me how to drive up on the farm over a school holiday. I spent 2 years restoring and painting the the chassis before even attempting to rebuild the engine. Before i left, Sam and i were only a few months away from finishing it. I wonder if he finished it?

Anyway back to reality. I plugged my phone into the garages speaker system and started playing some music. From there I picked up the Workshop Rolling board and the tool box before heading over to the car. I placed the board on the floor and then lied on it getting comfortable. From there i grabbed the needed tool and rolled under the car and got to work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dicks P.O.V.

So i just finished my last exam and now i can spend time with emma without having to revise or get up early for school. Another good thing about finishing school is that i can start looking for my own place; Things between me and Bruce have been really tense recently, Maybe i'm just out growing being a sidekick. I turn 18 in a couple of months and then i automatically inherit the money he out away in a trust fund and also money my parents set aside before they died.

Anway when i got to the cave i heard music coming from garage; HAd a feeling she'd be in there. so immediately i knew she was there. As i entered the hanger i saw Emma under the car not even noticing i was in the room. I walked over to her phone on the workbench. I leant up against the workbench and then paused the music. I crossed my arms as she rolled out from under the car. She smiled and said
"I was listening to that" i returned the smile and replied
"I gathered" she got up and walked over to me. She then gave me a small kiss and said
"Hey"
"Hey" she the strolled over to the sink area, washed the oil from her hands and said
"How did your exam go?" i shrugged and replied
"OKay i think..... Hey, are you okay, you seem a little off?"

After i said that she froze momentarily. She then turned around and said
"I'M fine, just been thinking of home recently. I'd be graduating in a month" i walked over to her and said
"You still will graduate"
"I know but back in my world i wasn't just graduating High School. I'd be graduating the SHIELD academy, everything i've been working towards since i was a kid" i then remembered something she told me months ago
"Hang on i thought you couldn't graduate until you turned 18. So your birthday is some time over the next month" she sighed and said
"I told you i don't celebrate my birthday, why is it important that you know when it is?" I gently held onto her hand and said
"I want to know when your birthday is so we can celebrate together. You're my girlfriend and i love you, I just want to make you happy" I then realized what i said. That's the first time i told her that i love her. As i said it her i felt her tense up. She then said
"Uh, you what now"
"Urm..." However i was cut off when the ground started shaking. We then said at the same time "Earthquake!..."