Chapter 24. Underdog

NEW-NEW-NEW CHAPPPTAARRRRRR ;D!!! Okay I know this chapter is a bit late.. But I had to do some stuff for the last days of school and it all took up some time and yeahh.. D; sorry.... But hey here it is...? AND I have finally vakation now which means more time to write wich means that I perhaps upload faster ;3;!! Anyway I want to dedicate this chapter to : Daniel7723 for the lovely feedback~ Your prayers have been heared by the all-mighty Demon god who kicked my ass to upload   ~;o;~ Enjoy reading!

(picture of Luke on the right just imagen him with hazel eyes-->)

-LivingDeadSoul

-------------------------------------------------

Nova and me went to the cafeteria where we took place at this table where we saw Ian, Matt , Wyatt and Lance sitting. Lance was the first to notice us. He’s a little taller than Ian and has a blonde sandy colored Mohawk and Blue/yellow eyes. As we took place at the table he fist bumped me. “Hey guys.’’ I greeted them all. “Ian gave me a nod up with his chin, one of those ‘sup’s.  “Hey Dude, long time no see.’’ Said Lance.“Yea, how are ya?’’ Added Wyatt. “I’m fine what about you guys?’’ “About the same’’ “Yeah.’’ They replied.

“Anyway I hate to break this little reunion but lance and I still got to talk to the coach about something, ya coming with me Lance?” asked Wyatt. “Sure bro.’’ “See ya later Nova.’’ Wyatt said before they both stood up about to leave. “Sure see YA later, mate.’’ Nova replied making fun of Wyatt’s accent. Wyatt gave her a teasing wink as he turned around for a moment.

My gaze turned from Wyatt and Lance who were walking out of the canteen to Matt who was just silently poking with his fork trough his food. “Hey matt.’’ I said. He slowly moved his head to the side looking at me. “Uh, yeah?’’  “where were you yesterday?’’ I asked. “Uh, I was at home, I didn’t feel so good.’’ “Ah, I see. Are you feeling better today?’’ “Yea much better.’’ He said with a nervous smile.

 “That’s good to hear.’’ I replied. “You know Nova was very worried about you, she must have called you like a million times.’’ Ian added. “I did not!’’ I heard Nova say. “I only called a few times.’’ “I-I had my phone turned off, sorry.’’ He replied scratching the back of his neck. “See, I was right.’’ Ian said.

The day went on fast and before I knew it the last bell rang. “Hey you heard about that new video game?’’ Ian asked as we were walking to our lockers. “uhm, no? what video game are we talking about?’’ I asked. “You mean you didn’t hear about it? Black Shift, come on man.’’ I thought for a moment. “The name sounds familiar, what is it about?’’ I asked. “Well, it’s a third player shooter game. In the game you’re a rogue taking on different missions like assassination, spying and escort missions while you try to get information about your former crew who has abandoned you on the field left to die and eventually seek revenge and infiltrate their base.’’ Ian explained.

In the main time we had made I to our lockers. “I see ,it sounds interesting.’’ I said as I opened mine. “I know right?’’ Ian said opening his own. “So when is it coming out?’’ “Next week, I can’t wait.’’ Ian replied.  “Hey Ian!’’ I looked behind Ian seeing a guy slightly smaller than him but still taller them me with short ginger colored hair, I believe his name was Luke. He’s new to the team and he’s basically the team’s underdog as he still has to learn allot. Even though everyone of the team always pranks him he still proceeds to always smile.

“What is it?’’ Ian asks him with an annoyed look. “Couch asked me if I could find you, where having an emergency training since the big game is coming up he wants us to train extra hard.’’ He says while his hazel eyes slightly sparkle. Ian sights and turns around facing me. “Sorry unicorn, duty calls. I won’t be able to drive you home, will you make it on your own?’’ He said with a playful smile. My brow raised, did he really have to call me unicorn in front of this dude?

“I will be fine, Ian, I’m not a little kid.’’ I said frowning. Luke glanced over Ian’s shoulder at me. “Hey, you’re Devis Patterson right?’’ I looked past Ian to the guy who just named my full name. “H-how do you know my name?’’ I asked him kind of shocked. “I took your empty spot in the team, though I’m not nearly as good as you were.’’ He says smiling at me. “I’m sure you’re not that bad.’’ I said. “No he is, believe me Dev.’’ Ian said ruffling Luke’s hair. He kept on smiling though I could see he didn’t like it.

“Before I forget, I’m Luke, Luke Adams.’’ He said stepping away from Ian sticking his hand out for me to shake. Though I’m not really a person to shake hands I did it anyway. “Uh.. you already know my name so, nice to meet you.” I said with a small smile. He smiled back brightly still holding onto my hand. Ian slammed his locker closed and  placed his arm over Luke’s shoulder pulling him away from me. “You can let go of Devis now, dude.’’ Ian said to him. “Bye Dev.’’ Ian called before they left. Luke looked back at me and waved a goodbye. “Uh, bye.’’ I said out loud more to myself than to them since they were already too far away to hear it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment, vote, become a fan or anything. I'd appreciate it!