Chapter 5. The day has come.

I dropped my backpack in the hall, and kicked off my shoes. As I walked in the kitchen, opening the refrigerator looking for some food, I was greeted by my mom. ''Hey sweetheart how was school?'' She said in a motherly tone. I shrugged. "Same old shit.'' I said as I grabbed some yogurt and sat down at the kitchen table.

She looked at me with the 'There will not be used such language  in this house young man' glance, but didn't seem to be bothered enough by it since she pretty much ignored it. ''Well.. that's nice honey.'' She said with an unsure smile. Even if I was only child I didn't talk much with my parents only the basic talks. I might live with them in the same house but mostly I'm in my room or at friends.

 ''Oh, hey mom.'' I said after swallowing a spoon full of yogurt. ''Yes dear?'' She replied turning around to look at me. ''Is it okay if I stay at Nova's place this weekend?''

She seemed to think for a second and then replied. ''If her parents are alright with it.'' She turned around again as she continued cooking. ''They are.'' I said eating another spoon of yogurt. ''Then it's fine by me too. Just make sure you eat well okay?'' She said with a smile. ''yeah mom.''

The week flew by as it was already Friday. School was finished and the weekend was there to come. Ian couldn't give me a ride home because he had rugby training so I had to walk home. He promised to come and pick me up to give me a ride to Nova's house tough.

 I was currently in my room packing the stuff I thought was needed for staying 1 night. I looked at my alarm clock seeing that it was already 6 o clock.

I heard the door bell ring and I instantly knew who it was. I quickly packet the last few things in my backpack as I heard my father yell "Devis, Ian is at the door for you!'' from down stairs. I walked down the stairs and quickly pulled on my shoes and jacket.

''Hey Bro.'' Ian said with a smile. ''Hey.'' I said as I bumped fists with him. My mom came from the living room. ''You got all your stuff, honey?''She asked. ''Yeah.'' I replied. ''Okay sweetheart. Have fun.'' She said with a smile and waved a goodbye to me and so did my dad. I followed Ian to his car and took place in the passenger seat.

After a short while we parked in front of a big house which was known as Nova's place. Her house is huge, believe me. I picked my neon green backpack out of his back seat and we walked to the front door of the house. Ian rang the door bell and was immediately greeted by a smiling Nova. ''YAY! you guys made it!'' she happily squalled as she hugged me and Ian. ''Of course we did.'' Ian said with a smile. ''Come in, come in!'' She said. Ian and I followed her into her living room. I dropped my back pack next to the couch and so did Ian.

 ''Hey guys.'' Matt said as we saw him sitting on the floor with huge piles of DVDs around him. ''Hey.'' I said as I gave him a manly hug followed by Ian who bumped fists with him. I looked at the huge piles of DVDs and then at Nova who stood there with a big smile on her face. ''Uh.. Nova you didn't have to rent this many DVDs.'' I said chuckling. ''I know, I know but I just felt like it. The more the better right?'' ''I suppose so.'' I said with a smile. ''So guys, how about we order some pizza?'' She said wiggling her eyebrows. ''Awh yeah!'' Ian yelled happily. ''Pizza would be delightful. Do me some my lady.'' I said with my most polite gentlemen accent I have. ''Woah, Now all you need is a mustache with a tall hat.'' Ian said laughing as he hit my shoulder with his fist. ''Ouch.'' I said rubbing my shoulder although it didn't really hurt.

''Okay guys I'm gonna call so shut up.'' Nova said as she picked up the phone and dialed the number of the pizza hut. I took place next to Matt on the floor as I picked up a DVD. ''There are way too many DVDs how are we going to pick?'' ''I don't know. I've been sitting her for a while now searching them through.'' Matt said sighting. ''How about this one?'' Ian said as he plopped next to me and Matt. He held up a DVD box with zombies on the cover of it. ''Fine by me.'' I said. ''I'm Done with ordering.'' I heard Nova say.  It didn't take long before the pizza guy came and we had already picked 4 DVDs.

We had stuffed our face full with pizza, soda, and popcorn. We were now watching the second movie about zombies that Ian had picked. I had to admit it was one freaking gory movie about a small group of people who were still alive in the zombie apocalypse.

Ian  was screaming things to the screen like ''KILL IT WITH FIRE!" while Nova was silently eating popcorn as her eyes were fixed on the screen. Matt was practically sitting on my lap lightly trembling while we watched the movie. I suppose he isn't that much of a fan of horror movies.

We had finished watching the 4 movies and it was now close to 4 am. I was getting kind of sleepy while Ian looked as if he could still go on for hours. ''Hey guys how about we try something?'' Nova said all of a sudden. ''Try what?'' I asked her.