New Arrivals

New Arrivals

He looked out at the officers in the streets. The people of the city were quieting down. There were not as many riots as there usually were. People were settling because the officials had threatened them. His phone lit up on the table next to him. The city lights were on outside, lighting up the streets. He grabbed his phone and answered it.

"Yes?"

"Hey Dave, it's Joe. I'm coming up to your basement, just to let you know. We're coming in. I have a couple people who want to join the Rebellion."

"You shouldn't mention that over the phone. But come on in," Dave said quietly. He turned to Brad after he shut the phone off, "Joe is coming. With friends."

"Great. We need friends."

A few minutes later, Joe was walking up the stairs followed by three other men. The first was tall with black hair and a light beard. The second was blonde with a baseball cap. The third was wearing a baseball cap as well and had short dreads.

"Hello," Dave said stepping forward, "I'm Dave Farrell. This is Brad Delson."

"Mike Shinoda," the first man said, "This is Ryan and Tak."

"I hear you want to join the Rebellion."

"I want my revenge on the government," Mike stated. Dave looked at the man in front of him. He was so young, he couldn't be old enough to even drink yet."

 How did he want revenge on the government? He couldn't have had that much experience.

"Brad, Joe, please give Ryan and Tak a run through of what we do here. I would like to talk to Mike separately. Mike walked over to him and Dave led him into another room.

"Why do you need to talk to me alone?"

"How old are you?" Dave asked quietly.

"I'm twenty," Mike said.

"What did the government do to you that makes you want this revenge? I don't like what they do but I don't want revenge."

"I don't want revenge on the government. I want revenge on Chester Bennington," Mike growled, "He's the elite that killed my parents and my brother."

"So this is about the elites. Mike, I understand that you have this anger but Chester isn't someone you can kill just like that. First of all, he's Mark Wakefield's lap dog. Second, he's strong as hell."

"I don't care."

"Well you should. I promise, when we are strong enough to take over, you can have him. But just remember, while Wakefield is in power he's almost invincible."

"OPEN UP!"

Dave jumped at the sudden banging on the door and he immediately armed himself before going to the door. Mike followed him. Joe had already covered the stairway with the removable floor tiles. He opened the door and swallowed as he saw the last person he wanted to see and probably the first person that Mike wanted to see. He didn't think they'd send him out here unless there was something really bad going on.

"Chester," Dave hissed. The man smiled, his eyes glowing brightly.

"Hello," he smiled as he took a step in, his platform boots making him taller than everyone in the room apart from Mike, "Sorry for the rude interruption but the President is requesting a thorough search of every house. Won't take longer than a few mom-ents."

Dave frowned as Chester seemed to almost have a brain freeze. His body seized up for a split second and he stuttered his words before fixing his glare on the people around him. Dave glanced around before sighing.

"If you must," he said. He didn't keep his stuff out for people to see in case things like this happened. Chester nodded with that same smile on his face before motioning for the people around him to start their search. He took a seat at the table and smirked. Dave noticed the obvious metal glove and wrist band with the glowing green. It marked Chester as an elite. Mike looked like he was containing his rage. He stood next to Mike and gave him a slight nudge to tell him to calm down.

"Kind of a dump isn't it?" Chester asked from the table as he picked at one of his fingernails, "Wouldn't you want an upgrade?"

"What are you saying?" Dave asked stiffly. He couldn't help but see why Mike hated this guy.

"Well, there's nice places in D.C. You could always come live there," Chester said.

"We're quite comfortable here," Dave said.

"Suit yourself. You could always get your floors replaced," Chester said nodding over towards the corner of the house where the stairs were concealed, "I mean, if my house had holes in it, I'd want it fixed."

Dave felt his nerves rise. There were at least five elites in here including the king himself and then at least ten soldiers outside. Chester stood up and walked over to the corner. He knelt down and ran his finger along the floor until he dug under it and pulled up the tile.

"Especially if there were hidden stairs that could house rebels," Chester continued. He stood up and Dave knew they were in trouble.

"We have to run," he breathed right as Chester slammed his hand down on the wrist band he was wearing, "RUN!"

They sprinted from the room as a tiger roared behind them. They ran down the street, cutting down soldiers as they passed. Dave glanced back to see the armor-clad tiger chasing after them. A pack of dogs followed behind him.

"Oh my god that's insane!" Ryan yelled. Brad ran next to him as the group of elites gained on them. They continued running and Dave glanced back to see the tiger leaping into the air and shimmering. When the beast landed, Chester was back, running after them with his gun drawn.

"We have to get somewhere safe!" Joe shouted.

"Where's Rob at?"

"He told me that he was going to move down to where Anaheim used to be."

"Then we'll go there. We'll get him and then we'll run."

"One problem," Brad yelled, "We're going to die!"

The elites were gaining on them. They heard bullets shooting behind them and they ducked their heads. Mike slid on the ground and then jumped back up. He turned back around.

"Mike! Are you crazy!?" Dave screamed. Mike let one of the bullets of the shotgun he'd picked up loose. It shot towards their foe and took out one of the elites. He crashed to the ground and laid unmoving. Mike caught up to them and then ran a little ahead before turning around and shooting another round. Dave turned to watch the bullet slam hard into Chester's body. The man jerked backwards and fell hard onto the pavement. No. No way was it that easy. The elites stopped moving and Dave grabbed Mike to drag him along.

"I killed him," Mike managed, "I shot him. I killed him."

"Mike there's a reason he's an elite. He doesn't die that easily," Joe said as they continued their sprint.

"Also," Brad began, "Just because he's out of the picture doesn't mean we're safe. We need to go."

Dave nodded as they continued their run. It couldn't be that easy to just kill someone like Chester. The man was still alive, wasn't he? He may be out of the picture for a little bit of time but he'd be back. They ran into the trees. Mike, Ryan and Tak all leaped to the trees and shot up the trunks like spiders. Brad looked up in amazement.

"They're pretty amazing aren't they?"

"It is pretty awesome. Now let's get up there with them."

The three of them climbed up and when they got close enough, the other three helped them up. Dave sat next to Mike as they caught their breath.

"So what's the next move?" Mike asked softly.

"We have to go meet with one other member of our group and then we'll start heading towards D.C. Hopefully we can recruit some others on the way. But if not, we'll have to go through with it. Chester knows who we are now and as long as he's alive, he'll tell Mark about us. We'll be wanted everywhere."

"We have a big fight ahead of us," Ryan said from the tree next to them where he was sitting with Joe.

"We do."

"So you still think he's alive?" Mike asked softly.

"I'm sorry Mike, but it just seems to easy. Chester's an elite for a reason. A bullet won't kill him. You'll have to see the light leave his eyes to know he's dead."

"Then I'll do it," Mike growled, "I'll kill him. I'll watch it leave his eyes. I'll torture him until he begs me to stop. I'll make him suffer."

Dave was glad that Mike was on his side because he wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his rage. Brad was giving him a look but he ignored it. The people would most likely want to see that once the government was taken over. They'd want a demonstration and it all started with the officials that everyone knew.

"We'll get them," Dave decided, "We will win this fight. The Rebellion has begun. They better be ready for us."

Mike smiled and nodded. The other four looked at him but nodded. This was the beginning. It was time to fight for what they knew was right. This corruption had to end. Innocent people were dying for no reason. They were killing people because they could. It was time to end it all.