Come Back To Me

Come Back To Me

​"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Dave asked and Jeremy nodded.

​"Yes. They might be able to get through to him. He's restrained. We will be right outside."

​"It'll be fine, Mr. Farrell," Isaiah said quietly, "We want to see him."

​Mike sighed as he watched Isaiah take his brother's hand and then headed into the room. The two boys stood close to the door and Dave turned the speaker on.

​"Saiah, Dravey."

​"Dad...."

​"They haven't hurt you, have they?"

​"No, dad, they're not going to hurt me or Draven. They helped us. They rescued us from the president."

​"They're lying," Chester growled, "They're lying. They'll kill you. You have to run. You have to get out of here."

​"Dad, they won't hurt us," Isaiah said quietly. Chester pulled on his restraints and Isaiah held Draven next to him. "Mike, he's been taking care of us."

​Chester glared at them, "Mike is the worst of them all. He's a liar. He's a torturer. He will kill you. He will tear apart this family."

​"Dad....."

​"Don't listen to a thing they say. Unlock me Saiah," Chester begged, "Unlock me and we can run. We can get out of here."

​"No!" Isaiah said softly, "Dad, they're not bad people. They saved your life. Mike saved your life. They care about you. You have to remember."

​"I remember everything," Chester snarled, "I remember how they tortured me. I remember how they tried to kill me. I remember how they kept you from me. How could you think they're good? How could you ever think that they will help you? They're liars and killers. All they do is make people suffer!"

​He yelled the last sentence and Isaiah jumped back. Draven whimpered and started crying softly behind his older brother.

​"You tell Mike and Dave that I'll kill them. You tell them that I'll get to them and they won't stop me!"

​"Get them out," Dave said and Brad and Joe opened the door and let Isaiah and Draven out. They shut the door as Chester continued to scream threats at them. Draven ran to Mike and hugged his waist. Mike swallowed and lifted Draven up.

​"It's alright," Mike soothed, "We're going to get him back somehow."

​"That's the big question: how?" Joe asked.

​"We have to figure out how to make him see through the fog," Jeremy said. Isaiah was sitting next to him now too and Mike put his arm around him.

​"Well when you figure out a way, tell me," Mike said as he led the two boys out of the room. He wanted nothing more to do with Chester. He sighed as he set Draven down on the bed and then sat down in the chair. Isaiah sat down next to him.

​"Why are you so worried about him?" Isaiah asked finally, "You seemed to hate him so much."

​"Your dad saved my life twice. He took a bullet for me. We've gotten closer while we've been in the battles. We didn't used to be close, but I guess it just happened. I let him go, Isaiah. I'm the reason this happened to him."

​"You tried," Isaiah said quietly, "You tried to save him, even though he killed your family."

​"That wasn't him," Mike sighed, "I know that now. I know who Chester is."

​Isaiah smiled at him, "You know, Draven and I like you. A lot. You're nice."

​Mike smiled, "Really?"