The Darkness

Kylo Ren's POV

She wouldn't give me anything! Even worse, she had the force. She didn't know how to use it exactly but she had it and that put me in a tricky situation because I couldn't get into her head, I couldn't see the map! I slammed the door behind me as I made my way to my room, I had to check on Naku. I could sense a bad energy about her and it was causing me to worry, which I really couldn't afford to do at the moment. The quicker I made sure she was ok, the quicker I could get on with the things I needed to handle.

Pushing the bedroom door open I see her sitting on the floor in the corner of the room with her knees pulled up to her chest and her arms wrapped around them. She didn't look up at me, she was staring blankly as the wall across the room but I could see her red rimmed eyes, she had been crying. My heart sped up as I filled with anger, who had hurt her?

"Nakari, what's wrong?" I asked after removing my helmet and moving towards her slowly. "Did someone hurt you? If they did, I will make sure it's the last thing they ever do."

She looks up at me then and I can see her bloodshot eyes clearly, she looked lost and confused. It hurt me seeing her this way. She held my gaze for a moment before speaking.

"I don't know what's happening to me." She whispered, pulling her knees closer and resting her head against them as she pulled her eyes away from mine. "I can feel it pulling at me more and more everyday that I'm with you but today it truly had me in its grasp."

I move to her, kneeling down so I'm at her height, "What is Naku? What is it that you feel?" My voice held an urgency to it that I wasn't used to hearing from myself. It was obvious that I cared deeply for this woman who had always held my heart, there was simply no way to deny it anymore.

She looks up at me again with a painful expression, "The darkness."

My breath becomes caught in my throat as I realize what she just said. She was feeling a pull towards the darkness, isn't this what I wanted? To have her be by my side without the complications of where we stood? Then why did seeing her so torn hurt me so badly?

I move to pull her into my arms but she pushes me away.

"Don't! Don't touch me! This is what you wanted! Isn't it? You do this to me! It's your fault!" I tried to pull her into my arms again but she fights me, pushing and hitting my chest until she finally stopped and began to cry in my arms. I held her close as we sat on the floor and tried my best to soothe her.

Was this my fault? Was I the reason behind her current suffering? The darkness was in her, it had to be in order for her to even feel the pull but how was that my fault? Was it because I broke her heart all those years ago? Was it because I taught her just what hate really was?

I wanted her by my side but I wanted her there willingly, not because she felt torn and didn't have a choice. What would happen if she joined me on the dark side? Would she still be the beautiful lively girl I fell in love with or would she change, as I had changed?

I could understand how I was effecting her because she was doing the same to me. Being around her made my battle between light and dark so much harder because her presence alone was pulling me towards the light. She made me want more, to be more powerful, to have more respect but also to have her love. I feared I couldn't have all of that without losing one or the other.

Slowly but surely my fear of losing her was becoming greater than my fear of not living up to Darth Vader's abilities and soon I would have to make the ultimate choice. I would have to choose to either go down the path I've been working towards or to go down another path with Nakari because I knew I couldn't lose her and I also knew that she wouldn't accompany me on the path to Darkness, nor did I know if I truly wanted her to.

Once she was asleep I put my helmet back on and lifted her into my arms. I knew that once I got the map from the young girl I would be mostly based off the Finalizer and I needed to get Nakari all settled in before that happened. Although I doubt she was going to mind the change of scenery.

I set her gently in one of the seats of my command ship and turn to the pilot.

"Get her to the Finalizer and when you get there find Makiah Ren, have him take her to my room." The pilot nods and as I start buckle her up, her eyes flutter open.

"Ben, what's going on?" Her sleepy voice questions, making my heart skip a beat at the sound of my true name on her lips.

"My pilot is taking you to the Finalizer, once you're there Makiah will show you to my room. I'll meet you there."

She takes my gloved hand into hers and I give it a small squeeze.

"Whatever it is you're about to go do, please be safe." Her voice is soft, full of concern and laced with sleep. I give her a small nod before moving back to the landing.

Now that Naku was safe, I had things to do

A/n
I know this is a short chapter and I apologize but the next one will be longer! I know it seams like things fallow the movie but after the next chapter I'll be taking it in another direction!

Please let me know what you think!! Think you for reading!!