Dasoka

Part of me wanted to show them why they shouldn't doubt me and instead give them a reason to fear me but the other part of me was still clinging onto the light. I had thought that maybe I would be able to have both, Kylo and the light but that thought was now long gone. I needed to make a decision on how to handle people and I needed to do it soon.

The ship was coming to a landing and I was anxious to see Dasoka, I had never been here before and seeing a new planet would give me something else to think about. I had heard from Poe that it was part city and part small villages, that the cities had silver and glass buildings that touched the skies with walls bordering them. On the outside of the borders were small and rundown villages. As I descended the ship and stepped onto the landing pad I realized that Poe had been right.

"Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, welcome to Dasoka." There were two Togruta that greeted us, one male and the other female but both had long blue and white striped horn-like montrals and head tails. Their skin was slightly reddish with white markings on their faces and I noticed right away that the woman was beautiful. She was wearing a long flow strapless dress in a shade of light purple that brought out her eyes.

"We are so pleased you were able to join us." The woman said with a sweet smile but something was off about her, she instantly rubbed me the wrong way. I wouldn't call it jealousy because I knew that Kylo only had eyes for me but I had a feeling she was a rank whore. She wanted to be at the top of the rank chain.

"How long until the council gathers?" Kylo asked as we started following them towards the doors that led inside one of the massive buildings. We were already up high on a landing pad but we still were not at the top, this building was not only tall but it looked as though it was massive in diameter as well.

"Shortly my lord, perhaps Nihel should show your guest to their rooms?" He was motioning towards the woman, at least now I had a name for her.

"That will not be necessary. The girl stays by my side, is that understood?"

It was obvious that Kylo Ren's answer not only surprised those who knew him but it left the Torguta flustered. He wasn't expecting that answer, that's for sure, and I could see that Nihel was also a little disappointed by the frown on her face.

"Of course my lord, my mistake." They were quiet after that until we entered the council room. This was unlike anything I had seen before, it was seven levels high and each representative was sat in a pod along the wall while there were three officials in the middle of the room. I noticed right away that the pod we were in was bigger and fancier than the others, it only made sense since Kylo Ren was who he was, most people were afraid of him while others had the upmost respect for him.

I went to take the seat behind him like last time but he surprised me by placing a hand on the small of my back and gently moving me to take a seat in the chair next to him at the front of the pod. I could feel Phasma's and Makiah's eyes on me even through their helmets, they were silently judging me again and I hated it.

What did I need to do to make them shut up? Kill somebody?

The council meeting started and at first everyone was on ends about something regarding building a new Deathstar type weapon. Apparently it was already under construction and had been long before the destruction of the Starkiller, they were planning on using it but now they wanted to make it bigger.

I leaned over towards Kylo and whispered, "Don't they get it? Bigger isn't better in this case, it just makes for a bigger target for the Resistance. They should finish construction on the Deathstar2 and then focus their concentration on making smaller mass weapons. Maybe focus on becoming allies with more planets, the Resistance isn't all they are cut out to be and if you can show people that, then it should be easy to turn them."

I sat back in my seat as he turns his head to look to at me and I could practically picture his shocked expression. He stood to his feet, silence covered the floor in acknowledgement to him and then he spoke.

"We have made the mistake countless times, bigger is not better! Let us finish the building on this new Deathstar and then let's focus our efforts on gaining territory by bringing planets to our cause."

The room burst into conversation as they all verbally contemplated the idea with those around them. I watched at the different species spoke their own languages and it looked as though not everyone was on the same page.

"And how do you suppose we make them see our side?" Someone asked loudly into his microphone, Kylo took the opportunity to look down at me and motion me to stand. I looked at with wide unsure eyes, he wanted me to address them?

"We show them who the resistance really is." I answered, having to pull the bravery from deep down to do so, "They recently tried to blow up Zothel and in doing so they would have killed millions of innocent people, that makes them murderers. The big misconception is that the people believe them to be some sort savior! If we show them that they aren't, maybe give them a different point of the First Order to view, converting their beliefs wouldn't be to hard."

Again they broke into conversation, most of them wondering who I was.

"Kylo Ren, who is this girl and who is she to the First Order?" One of the three men in the middle of the room asked, his voice dripped with authority but I could sense that he still feared Kylo.

"This is Counselor Kuolu and my personal advisor."

The breath left my lungs as I tried to hide my shocked expression, I couldn't believe what I had just heard and apparently neither could half the council as they again broke into hushed whispers. Was he out of his mind? Did he think this would help keep me safe or give me more respect? Maybe he had see how people treated me, I guess I wouldn't know until I was able to ask him.

"My apologies Counselor Kuolu," the same man said with a snarky tone, he was clearly not happy with my placement, "but how would you suggest we change their view?"

"It's simple, most planets want to believe that they control themselves and they did at one time before the Republic took that away from them. The Republic is the Resistance. Paint that in a picture for them and let them go back to ruling over themselves with the exception of a chancellor on each planet who simply acts as their representative to the First Order. The First Order acts as the head council. Most planets will be thrilled at the idea to rule over themselves as they once had, if you let them think they are then it's simple." I didn't know where the idea came from but it just made since to me and by the looks on their faces it was making since to them as well.

"We will give the council time to think on this and we will commence at nine tomorrow morning."

I followed Nihel and the other Togruta out into the hall and into another building where we shown to our rooms, mine was with Kylo.

"Are you out of your mind?" I asked him the moment we were alone. He took off his helmet and gloves before running a hand through his thick hair which slightly distracted me. "They won't be happy about this Kylo."

"They don't matter, the only person above me is Snoke and he respects my opinion enough to not have a problem with it. It's the only way to explain why I keep you by my side."

"You just enlisted me into the ranks of the First Order without even asking me about it!"

"You became a part of the First Order the moment you decided to stay with me! I see how they treat you Naku! Giving you rank was a way for me to make sure they respect you!" So he did notice. He wasn't happy that I wasn't pleased as he had thought I would be.

"That won't make them respect me. It will make them pretend to when you are around! These people don't know anything of respect only of fear!" I stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. I knew my words were true before I said them but voicing them out loud really made them sink in.

If I couldn't make them respect me then I would need to make them fear me.

A/N

Sorry it's been a week!! I've had a lot going on recently! So here is an update! Please let me know what you think!?! Let me know if you want to see something happen!