Hello and Goodbye

Read A/N at end

I woke up to strong arms wrapped around my waist and my head resting on Kylo's chest. I take the moment to glance up at him and admire his sleeping innocence, he looks so at peace. I wish I could keep him like this, sheltered from the cruelty of what waits for us beyond those doors but I know I couldn't. It wasn't that simple. We were two of the last four known Source Sensitive beings and that put a target on our back. I knew, without a doubt, that Snoke was behind Kylo leaving all those years ago. He had to have gotten into his head and he probably still was. The only hope I had now was that Kylo wanted me more than he wanted whatever Snoke has promised him. 

"I've waited a long time to wake up like this." His dark eyes smile down at me before he places a kiss upon my forehead. 

I lean up on my elbows and look down at him, "Can you make me a promise Kylo?" He gives me the smallest of nods. "Can you promise me you won't hurt me, that you won't betray me again?" I knew I was going out on a limb but I had to know before we continued as if nothing was wrong. 

He gentle caressed my face with his hand, stroking my cheek with his thumb. "You want me to put you first." It wasn't a question. 

"I want us to be together." I correct him.

"I promise I'll never hurt you, not again." He kisses my lips to seal the deal and I smile into it before pulling away and climbing out of bed. He fallows suit before sitting on the edge and focusing, I knew he was putting his walls up. I could practically see him stacking the bricks.

I get dressed and do my morning routine before pulling on my boots. My fingers move over Kylo's saber, the one I've had with me since I left, it was time to give it back.

He looks down at me as I walk up to him with the saber extended. He was now dressed as well so he pulled my saber from his side and we exchanged. I twirl it around in my hand, it felt good to have it back.

Kylo goes to his helmet, lifting it to put it on but he stops. 

"Know I love you."

"And I love you." I respond before watching him place the helmet on and his demeanor change. 

I fallow him out into the hall but I stop him, "Can you have someone take me to Shesmuda and Elias? I need to check on them." 

"This way." He says before leading me through the hallways, this place was finally starting to become familiar. We walk in front of two glass doors and they slide open to reveal Shesmuda and Elias. 

Shes stands out of her chair at the table and hurries to give me a hug, she looked worried.

"Thank goodness you're alright. I didn't know what happened to you last night!" She says before pulling away and looking me over. 

I glance over my shoulder to see Kylo still standing there, "Can we talk about it later?" I asked her and she looked at him before realization came across her face. 

"Of course." She steps back beside Elias.

"The three of you are free to leave or stay, if you decide to do so." With that he turns and leaves the three of us alone. 

"So is now later enough for you?" Elias asked with a smirk, earning a fake a glare.

"We just uh... We caught up...." I wasn't really sure how to admit what had happened last night and I also wasn't sure they needed to know.

"What do you mean..." Shesmuda thinks about it before Elias laughs and then she realizes exactly what I meant. "Oh... Oh! You caught up! Well I'm guessing whatever is under the helmet isn't to hard on the eyes." She laughs before nudging me and we take a seat at the table.

"Not hard on the eyes at all." I admit, making Elias roll his eyes and turn to Shes.

"Shes, he said we can leave."

She looks at me with questioning eyes and I already know what she is going to ask so I give her my answer.

"I can't leave him again Shes, you were right. I needed to try again and this time I can't leave him." She gives me a knowing smile before nodding and turning to Elias.

"You want to leave huh? I know you don't do well in confined spaces."

"I'd definitely feel more at home on my ship." He lets out a sigh, "but what do you want?"

I could tell she didn't know what to do, her face said it all. Part of her wanted to a stay with me, the first friend she has had in a while, and part of her wanted to go with Elias. I didn't want her to leave but I couldn't be selfish. I would have Kylo and she would have no one, it wouldn't be fair.

"I think you should go with Elias. As badly as I want you as my friend, you'll be happier with him. Plus, you can visit or I'll visit you." I give her a reassuring smile but she doesn't seem to sure.

"Are you positive that you're safe here?" Elias asked, surprising both of us women. "Don't look too shocked, I do care."

"I'm safe Elias. Kylo wouldn't let anyone hurt me and I am more than capable of taking care of my self."

"Remember where you stand when it comes to the light and the dark." Shesmuda says as we stand to our feet.

"I promise, I will." I walk with them to the landing deck and up to Elias' ship.

"You better get a hold of me. I'll let you know when we land somewhere." Shesmuda pulls me into a tight hug which I gladly return before she pulls away with teary eyes and heads on to the ship.

"You ever need us, all you have to do is call." He pulls me into a hug as well, which I'm a bit surprised by, and then he joins Shes on the ship. I watch as they take off, leaving me feeling utterly alone in a place that's overly crowded.

A/N

Ok so I'm sorry it's been a week since I've updated!! I'm extremely sick and could even think of writing but I managed to get this small update out for you!!

Please please let me know what y'all think!!  Give me your ideas if you have them. I have a rough idea of where this is going but it doesn't hurt to have input!!

Also!!! ********** I need 7 comments on this chapter before I upload the next one.  Thank you!!