Chapter 4 - The Meeting

Kai

My eyes fly open at the sound of the alarm blaring nonstop. I mindlessly look for my phone on the bedside table until I finally find it. After shutting off the alarm I head to Kiran's room to make sure she wakes up. Kiran is not a morning person so it takes a lot to wake her up. I open the door to her room and find the bed empty and already made. 

"Kiran?" I call out into the flat. Shuffling noises come from the kitchen so I walk over, the noises becoming louder as I get closer. When I get there I see Kiran in her boxer shorts and jumper making breakfast. "Kiran? You're awake! This is a new one." I laugh when she scowls at me. 

Kiran puts down the spatula and grabs her plate of eggs, bacon and toast, and sits on the dining table. "Well I could hardly sleep I mean we're going to meet with Simon Cowell, the Simon Cowell. My nerves are going crazy." She finishes as Kyle comes walking into the room. Her eyes settles on Kiran and one if her eyebrow lifts up. Kyle opens her mouth to say something but Kiran lifts her hand and shuts her up. "I know, I know its a miracle." She says trying to look annoyed but the smile on her face says otherwise. 

We finish making and eating breakfast in about half an hour. Then we head to our rooms to get dressed. I pick high waisted jeans, a white floral lace crop top and my favorite aqua blue leather jacket. I let my hair fall down in loose waves over my shoulders. My hair used to be a nightmare when I was younger, nothing but frizz. Now that the frizz is gone I love it but I still have bad days sometimes. I grab my car keys and head out to find the girls dressed. We laugh when we notice we're all matching in aqua blue. Blue is my favorite color so I always manage to have something that color. 

"I guess great minds do think alike." Kyle says in a very chipper voice. She's excited, very which is why she's been in such a good mood and why she and Kiran haven't fought in the last two days. Kiran and Kyle love each other to death but they also bud heads a lot because of their very different personalities. Of course anybody can see that just by looking at them. Kyle is wearing a short girly dress with black heeled ankle boots, a jean jacket and a studded headband while Kiran wears a studded embellished collar blouse, ripped jeans, a beige beanie and studded biker boots. Kiran is edgier and more tomboy while Kyle is much more simple and girly. We get in the car and I drive off. 

Forty minutes later we arrive and as soon as I turn off the car my nerves skyrocket. I hadn't realized I was so nervous but then I'd made myself not think about where I was going. I can't do that now considering I'm standing in front if the building. We walk in and make our way towards the receptionists. Two woman sit next to each other one blonde the other a red head. The red head looks up when we reach the large desk. 

The blonde blue eyed woman smiles warmly. "I'll take care of this Sadie." She says to the red head who nods and returns to her work. Blonde girl turns to us. "You girls are here to meet with Simon right?" She gets up from behind the desk and stands in front of us. 

I can really see her now and I realize she's probably two years older than me at most. "Yes." I answer and she smiles again. The smile transforms her face completely and she looks more beautiful. 

"Good. I'll show you to his office." She starts walking so we follow her. "I'm Avril Lancaster by the way." She says as she turns around to face us. 

I smile and for the first time since I got here I feel almost calm. "I'm Kai this is Kyle and Kiran." I point to each of us as I introduce us. 

Avril gets a funny look on her pretty face and nods. "I know, I'm a fan. You guys are amazing." 

"Oh well thank you!" Kyle says energetically. I can see she's brimming with nerves as well because she plays with her hair. 

Avril beams with happiness yet again. "When Uncle Simon told me to look for your phone number I was so pleasantly surprised and excited." At this she resumes walking this time down a hall filled with pictures of the various artists signed to SYCO.