Chapter 5 - Recording Studio

Liam

Simon and the girls talk details but I'm not really paying them any attention. I'm stuck in my own head thinking about her, which I shouldn't be doing. Of course if she's texting you at the moment there isn't much you can do, plus there is also the fact that she broke my heart and I still haven't moved on. My phone buzzes for the third time in my pocket gaining me a look from Harry. I sigh and take out my phone reluctantly. Danielle. 

What's wrong?

Let's talk. We have to talk. 

Liam? 

I sigh yet again and run fingers through my hair in frustration. Why can't she just leave me alone? It was her decision to break up I just respected it. 

I can't. 

I text back and when I look up from the phone I find Kiran staring at me. Her eyes study me closely her forehead creased. She notices I've caught her staring and looks away trying to hide the blush that’s made its way to her cheeks. I smile to myself and feel my stomach churn. Something that hasn't happened since...Danielle. 

"Good. Now that we've got everything done the lads will show you the studio." Simon says and I come out of my daze. The girls shake Simon's hand and then we're out the door. 

I pocket my phone after turning it off. I seriously don't want to deal with Dani today. "Why didn't you guys say anything? I would've loved to have been mentally prepared!" Kyle says punching Harry in the arm. Harry fakes being hurt and we all laugh. 

Harry shrugs and places his arm over Kyle's shoulder. "It was a surprise besides Simon is better at explaining it than I am." Kyle glares at him but then smiles widely. 

We walk down the corridor we say that we're excited they agreed to the deal. Of course I'm not paying attention again. My thoughts drift to Dani once more. Our break up was about a month ago and it’s been weird. She came to my flat one night crying and very frustrated because she couldn't do it anymore. She couldn't handle being a famous boy band member's girlfriend. The stress of everything came crashing down on her and well you know what happened next. I was devastated but I understood her decision. We said we could still be friends but the truth is I can't handle it. Every time she texts or every time she's near I just want to kiss her and never let her go. Of course that can't happen because she's seeing someone now which only makes being friends worse. 

"Liam?" I hear someone say and only after they call me again do I react. 

I look up to find Zayn and Kiran staring at me. Kiran studies me again this time looking concerned. She must think I'm weird. "Sorry what?" I say smiling at them trying to seem okay. 

Zayn pinches his eyebrows together. From the look on his face he knows what I'm thinking, mostly because I've been spacing out ever since the break up. "You alright?" Zayn eyes me worriedly. 

I turn my gaze to Kiran and force a smile. "Of course just thinking how we've been looking for a group for months and how now we've found one so easily." I close the space between us and walk past them. "Come on Kiran you're going to love the studio." I say cheerfully compared to my earlier mood. 

I walk towards the brown door that leads to the studio and open it. Harry, Niall, Louis and the girls are already there. "Oh God Kiran look at this! This is amazing! I never thought I'd see a real studio!" Kyle shoots off when Kiran walks in. Kiran smiles and it lights up her whole face. She has a beautiful smile with pearly white straight teeth.