Chapter 10 - Tattoo

Chapter 10 - Tattoo

Louis

A few days have gone by since the Twitcam and all seems to be going well. The girls are on everyone's radar now and to tell you the truth the news has gone over rather well. I expected for fans to be rude and nasty to them and don't get me wrong some of them are but the vast majority love the girls and support them. Today is the first of many meetings for the concert at the end of the month. It's almost here and I can hardly wait! I'm confident the girls will be a hit and then they'll come with us on the tour which is all I want. I want to get to know Kai because I might fancy her which is stupid of me because she clearly dislikes me which means my feelings for her will be unrequieted. There is also the fact that I know she's hiding something and I have a hunch about what it is. I just have to dig up some more information. If my hunch is correct then Kai is Gracie. Everything adds up to it being her, the moving to Australia, her last name, her eyes. Then there's the way she looks at me sometimes like she's remembering a fond memory and then she snaps out of it her eyes turning cold. She acts like she doesn't know me. What I can't understand is why she doesn't just tell me who she is, why she's hiding it and why she hates me so.

We were best friends growing up in Doncaster. She was the most amazing girl I'd ever met, so funny and carefree. I remember everything about that last summer we shared, she was twelve and I fourteen. We went to the cinema at least once a week and played football in our backyards. I'm sure football was more my thing but she went along with it for my sake and learned to love it. That was the best summer filled with laughter and fun. On the last day before she left we decided to go on a riverboat tour and that's where I said my goodbye to her. I'd liked her for a long time but I'd never told her because I was scared and now was my last chance to show her how I felt.

Today was a beautiful day, the sun shined brightly the grass a vibrant green, the laughter of the children running and playing. The streets were filled with many people enjoying today's weather. "Hey Grace" I say looking at the girl sitting next to me directly. She smiles at the children playing in the park next to the river. The sunshine hit her hair making it look even more beautiful. Gracie hated her hair because she said it was ugly and frizzy but it wasn't. Her brown hair fell in soft waves up to her shoulder. Gracie had recently gotten rid of her glasses for a pair of contact lenses. Her eyes seemed to shine a little bit brighter now.

Grace turns to me and smiles her dimples immediately appearing. "Yeah?" She asks happily and I'm silent for a moment because I'm struck with the reality that I won't be seeing her again. I take a good look at her now, engraving every detail to memory.

I chuckle nervously. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you. Um.. I know your leaving tomorrow and that we won't see each other in a long time but I..." I didn't get to finish because her soft lips were on mine. I'm so surprised I don't move and when she pulls back all I can do is stare at her.

Grace flushes a deep pink and looks down at her hands. "I'm sorry I thought..." She starts but I shush her and cup her face in my hands. I caress her cheek with my thumb and smile "You thought right." and I bring my lips to hers once more and I hear her sigh happily.

"Louis. Louis!' I hear someone say and snap out of my memories.

"I'm sorry what?" I say to a worried looking Harry.

"The girls are here and they're about to start without us." He signals to the door of the recording studio where I can see Kyle and Kiran and Niall standing.

"Oh yeah, lets go." I get up from the chair I was sitting on and start walking towards the room when I catch a glimpse of Kai laughing at something Liam just said. Her hair is up in a neat bun with wisps of hair falling out the front. And today for the first time she's wearing glasses. I feel the air get sucked out of my lungs as I look at her and see Grace. I'm sure its her, there is no doubt in my mind now. Kai glances over to me and gives me a small smile.