Chapter 19 - Starting Over

The announcement I said I was going to make is at the end of the chapter in my authors note!

Chapter 19 - Starting Over

"Life is not always about trying to fix something that's broken. Sometimes, it's about starting over and creating something better."

Louis

"I love you, Grace. Always have." I say and hear her gasp in surprise. God it feels good to finally say it. The words have been stuck in my throat for so long. Grace opens her lovely mouth to say something but the door suddenly opens. Grace shuts her mouth and looks up at the doctor. I sigh and pull away from her. Stupid interruptions. I think to myself and face the doctor as well.

The blue eyed man smiles at Grace as he approaches her. "Miss Ellis, I'm Dr. Lawson. I must say its good to see you awake I was beginning to worry." Grace nods and smiles back at him gratefully. "You are a very lucky girl, your injuries were minor compared to what you could have sustained in that crash. We were able to surgically fix your broken tibia. It was a clean break which means it'll probably be back to normal in a few months." Dr. Lawson explains and Grace just stares at her cast. She frowns at it then looks up.

"How long will I have to keep the cast?" She asks and I know she's already thinking about the concert in a few short weeks. No doubt she's think she won't be able to perform. But the concert doesn't matter, she matters. Her health is of up most importance to me, everything else can be forgotten. Feeling annoyed I bite the inside of my cheek to keep from saying something.

"About five to six weeks." Grace sighs deeply and I can tell she's upset by the news. "Your dislocated shoulder will be fine in a week or so but you should still take it easy. Your concussion was the biggest worry but it hasn't given us any problems so far. We still want to monitor you for another night so you can leave the hospital around noon tomorrow." The doctor finishes and I can tell Grace is both relieved and upset about her injuries. I have no doubt she will do anything in her power to make sure the cast is taken off early. But she won't be able to perform without it for the concert.

Grace smiles gratefully at the doctor but it doesn't reach her normally laughing blue eyes. They're full of a dullness that makes my chest ache. "Thank you, Dr. Lawson, for everything." She says and all I want is to hold her and take her pain and guilt away. I want to be alone with her and be able to get everything out in the open and figure out our relationship or if there even is a relationship.

Dr. Lawson smiles back and lays a hand on her covered knee. "You're very welcome. Now I think there are some people waiting to see you." He says opening the door to reveal everybody waiting outside. Kiran and Kyle all but run into the room. I wanted some privacy with Grace but I guess that's going to have to wait. Truth be told I'm a bit annoyed by it but everyone deserves to see her especially her family.

Kiran has tears in her eyes and a huge bright smile lighting up her face. She gets to Grace and flings her arms around her. "Thank God your awake Kai. I was so worried." Grace chuckles and smiles back at her sister. It's still hard to comprehend that Grace has a sister, let alone that she has an older blonde sister. They look nothing alike and aren't blood related but you can see the strong bond of sisters in their eyes and actions towards each other. Kyle makes her way to Grace's left side and sits on the bed holding her hand.

Grace looks between the two girls. "Me too. I could never leave you guys besides we still have a dream to fulfill." Kyle chuckles at that and Kiran just nods silently while tears stream down her face. I can see the relief in the Kiran's tears. She's handled herself pretty well considering her history with losing people she loves.