Chapter 13 - Say Something

And I will swallow my pride

You're the on that I love

And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you

Kai

Three days ago

"Liam just called and said they were heading to the studio and asked if we wanted to join them." Kiran says smiling down at her phone while I change the channel on the telly. I swear there is never anything good on at his hour.

Kyle sits on the couch crunching on some cereal and mumbling gibberish. "Come again?" I ask and she swallows. "I said we should go. We aren't doing anything else."

I silently groan because going means being with Louis. Being with him isn't bad I even enjoy it which is the problem. I get carried away and find myself forgetting he doesn't know who I am. There have been a few close calls when I'm about to say something that we shared but fortunately I stop myself before the words are out. My heart no longer hates him but I can't tell him. I won't. "I don't know Kyle, we see them everyday maybe we should just chill out today." I say and she stops munching on her cereal.

"So what? I'd rather be wasting my time with them than just being here lazying around all day." Kyle throws an exasperated look my way before returning to her breakfast. That girl loves her Cocoa Pebbles.

I role my eyes and shake my head. I have to come up with an excuse not to go. "Then we can do something. We don't have to stay here we can go somewhere."

Kyle gets up apperantly done with her cereal and walks towards the kitchen. "Like where? I don't really want to go anywhere but here or the studio I really don't feel like putting make up on." She states and I hear the clanking sound of her putting the bowl in the sink.

I sigh annoyed by her need to go to the studio. Why can't they just stay away from the lads for a day? Its like they're addicted to their company. "Then don't but that doesn't mean we have to go to the studio."

Kyle returns a few seconds later with an equally annoyed expression and frustration in her amber eyes. "God Mal! Just admit you don't want to see Louis. Because we all know thats the only reason you don't want to go to the studio. Well you know what? Get over it already! He forgot but have you ever stopped to think you he just doesn't recognize you. You completely changed since you knew him. And you should have just told him! I'm sick and tired of your attitude towards him when he has done absolutely nothing wrong to you. I have had to lie to all of them because of your secret and so has Kiran. What happens when they find out the truth?" She all but yells at me. Wow Kyle's never gone off on anybody like that before. I don't know whether to feel proud or hurt.

Kiran starts clapping and Kyle throws her a look. Kiran just smiles. "I've never seen you so mad before. That was awesome Kyle I am so proud of you. And I totally agree Kai. Just tell him or don't but he's going to find out eventually." She tells me looking sympathetical. I sigh knowing its true. I have to tell him but that would mean he'd find out about dad and how I hadn't told him sooner.

I look at both of them with apologetic eyes. "I didn't know you guys felt that way and I'm sorry you've had to lie because of me. I'll tell him soon, promise." I promise them feeling uneasy with it. I know I have to but how?

Present Time

My phone chimes alerting me of a message. A smile creeps on my lips as I read the message.