Chapter 12 - Malakai Grace

Louis

"Okay so what was that all about?" Harry asks as soon as we're alone in my flat. The other lads went to their own flats to do stuff until the girls get here. Kai had called Liam to tell us they were heading to their place first to change into something more comfortable. The thought of Kai in some jean shorts makes me smile. I know her well enough to know thats how she's going to come here, in some shorts and a nice t-shirt. At least thats how she usually comes dressed. I love it because it shows off those naturally tan long legs that look so smooth I find myself holding back the urge to caress them. I want to caress every part of her. I have dreams about touching her skin and kissing those sweet looking lips.

"Louis!" Harry yells waking me out of that beautiful image. I sigh.

If only it were true.

"It was nothing, just being friendly." I explain knowing full well Harry won't buy that lie. He knows me too much plus the grin on my face pretty much gives it away. He quirks an eyebrow and stares at me incredulously.

Harry flops down on my dark blue couch while I stand in front of him. "Come on Lou, you said you'd tell me later. Guess what? Its later."

"Fine." I sigh and start pacing. "You know who Gracie is right?!" Harry should know exactly who I'm talking about because I've always said stuff about her and about my life in Doncaster and she was a big part of it.

Harry stops to think and nods slowly. "Um, your childhood best friend. The one you talk about sometimes."

"Yes well I told you she moved to Australia." I pause waiting for Harry to acknowlege it and when he nods I continue. "Alright um, where do I begin?" I sigh and run my fingers trough my hair trying to figure out what to say. "Ever since I met Kai, when we collided in the hall and she looked up at me with those blue eyes, I've felt this insane attraction to her."

Harry smiles cheekily at that. "Yeah you said as much when you told me a month ago."

"I also said those eyes were shinning and happy and all of a sudden they turned hurt and disappointed. I had no idea why, which intrigued me." I explain and Harry looks entertained and highly amused. Of course he'd be enjoying my confusion and curiosity.

"So I wanted to be nice and get to know her but of course you've noticed her indifference towards me..." Harry chuckles and nods at that. Of course he laughs, Kai doesn't snap at him twenty times a day. She's perfectly normal towards him and the others.

"That must've been a real blow to your large ego. Did you feel insulted not every girl in the world wants to bed you?" He remarks no doubt enjoying my unfortunate situation.

I stop pacing and look at him. "What? My ego is not large and I hardly doubt every girl in the world wants to bed me! So its a no to both." I say defensively. I mean what in the world! I do not think that at all.

Harry chuckles. "Whatever you say Boo Bear." He says with a cheeky smile his green eyes sparkling with amusement.

I glare at him one last time and get on with it. "Anyway, I was curious as to why she dislikes me so much and why her eyes seemed so..." I pause looking for the right word. "Familiar." I finally say. "Nothing that I thought made sense until she said something and it all clicked or well some of it." I stop talking and just stare at Harry knowing full well what I'm about to say is...well I don't know what it is.

Harry sighs and rubs his face. "Are you gonna tell me what it was she said?" He asks expectantly.

"Right. Well it was when she said she'd moved to Australia at the age of 12 just like....Gracie." I finish and wait for Harry's inevitable reaction to the craziness I've just said.