Chapter 6 - Get to Know You

Kai

Singing in a studio in front of very important people in the music industry tops my incredible moments list. I'm still having trouble believing this is actually happening to me, to us. After dad died I was having a really hard time with the singing and basically everything. Nothing seemed important anymore. Mostly because I wanted my dad to be around and see me do all those things and grow up. Kiran took it hard too because she lost a second father. Mom was extremely worried Kiran wouldn't be able to deal with the loss of yet another family member and relapse into her nightmares. Those were the times we almost gave up on our dream. But Kiran and I figured out dad would want us to keep on living and that he would be there with us through everything. And I know we did the right thing. Our dreams are coming true and dad is here every step of the way.

Love you dad. 

We just finished singing Fix You, which they all love. I wrote the song while in a very upset and frustrated mood. Actually I was thinking about Louis which then made me think about dad. Its times like those that somehow inspire me to write. Other times are when I’m extremely content and satisfied. I started writing a new song yesterday that I really think the girls are going to love. It’s already noon and I didn't notice the hours fly by. Now we're just standing and Avril is simply yammering on about how she wishes she had a good enough voice to be a singer. But at least she's a good enough dancer and actress to one day be famous. I could really see her coming out in movies and I know she'll be successful because of her friendly personality. "I have to go back to work girls but we have to do something together. Alright?" Avril says her blue eyes sparkling with hope. 

I smile at her because I know we're going to be good friends. "Of course!" I respond with a tight hug. 

Kyle grabs her hands."I love your nail polish!" She says observing Avril's dark purple nails with interest. Something you should know about Kyle is that she is obsessed with nail polish. She paints her nails every three days. 

Avril expression turns to delight. "Thank you! I just had them done." Her blue eyes go big and her smile widens. "I know, why don't I give the salon a call and make an appointment for you." 

"That would be great Avril! Here let me give you my number so you can text me the details." Kyle grabs Avril's phone and punches in her phone number and saves it. 

Avril's smile shines brightly making the corner of her eyes crinkle. "It’s a deal! I love you girls already." She wraps her arms around the three of us and squeezes tightly. 

Kiran chuckles and her brown eyes are full of life. "We do too Av." It's good to see Kiran instantly like a person enough to give them a nickname. She usually takes a long time to let a person in and it seems Avril has already begun to break down the wall. "Now go work I don't want you to get fired." Kiran winks because she knows Avril won’t get fired considering her relationship with Simon. Avril says goodbye to the lads and her blonde head disappears through the door. 

I shake my head and smile to myself. Having another girl around will be fun. We haven't really met a lot of girls since we moved back to England so it’s been just us three always together. It's nice to meet a person you know you're going to get along with. I've always been the girl with the guy friends and not the girl friends. Guys are a lot less dramatic and gossipy. When I was little Louis was my best friend and all the other friends I had consisted of Louis's friends which just happened to be boys. Kiran was the first girl to ever win me over to the point of becoming not just like a sister but an actual sister. 

"What are you girls doing right now?" Zayn asks coming towards us after hanging up the phone. 

I look at the girls and shrug. "Oh uh, nothing we'll probably just head home." I say and his smile widens just a tad.