Chapter 9 - Twitcam

Chapter 9 - Twitcam

Louis

Her eyes are closed as she sings the haunting melody that guided me here. A single tear rolls down her beautiful face falling onto her lap. The lyrics of her song make me feel her pain and sadness through them and somehow her voice seems almost familiar. Watching her is an amazing thing. Her hair is up in a pony tail but its so long it touches her naked collar bone. As I stare at Kai my mind flashes back to a memory of myself sitting beside a girl, no not just a girl but Gracie, while she plays the piano and sings.

When will I see you again?

The sudden silence pulls me away from Gracie and to the girl staring wide eyed back at me. Her glassy blue eyes stare at me full of shock. Kai quickly brushes away the tear and stands up turning towards me. "What are you doing here?"

Her expression hardens and I can clearly see the wall she just put up. I hate knowing she feels so uncomfortable around me she needs to put up walls and masks just to be around me. And that only heightens my curiosity as to why I'm so unworthy of her true friendship. I was curious before but her odd behavior towards me and the feelings I get when I'm with her has made me agog to find out everything about her. "I came to tell you the girls were all ready and that we're just about to start." I say carefully not taking my eyes away from her face. The face that haunts me because of the uncanny resemblance to her.

"That was amazing by the way. You wrote it?" I ask and in her eyes I see surprise and something I can't quite decipher. Her mouth lifts up into the smallest of smiles but its gone from her face in seconds.

Kai shifts from one foot to the other and doesn't look up at me. "Thank you but nobody was supposed to hear that." She says her voice sharp. See! This is what I'm talking about. I give her a compliment and she in turn is cold and unforgiving. "Especially you." Kai faces me and her blue eyes pierce into mine with anger and resentment. And I'm left confused as to what I did to deserve it.

"Why..." I start saying but Harry screaming my name interrupts me. I stare at her for a few more seconds before turning around and heading towards the living room hearing her soft foot falls behind me. The room is completely full and the computer is set on the coffee table in the center. The lads are sitting on the long creme colored couch with Kiran and Kyle at the sides while Avril and Leah at the back. I quietly sit next to Harry and Kai takes her place next to Liam.

Niall starts up the twitcam and in a couple of seconds we're live. "Hi everybody!" He yells excitedly waving at the computer and we all follow suit. "It's been a while since we did one of these all together." He adds looking towards us.

Liam takes his cue and begins talking. "Yes it has and we've decided to announce some very important and exciting news." His eyes flicker over to Kiran and the corners of his mouth turn up.

Harry then continues with the talking while I just sit and wait until its my turn. "As you might have noticed we are not alone. You guys already know Leah and Avril" Harry says and the girls smile and wave.

Zayn flashes his rockstar smile and I can hear all the fans screaming and swooning. One time a fan actually fainted when he smiled at her. His head got even bigger then. "All of you know we've been in search of an opening group for our upcoming tour this summer. And its is thanks to @musicismylife who tweeted us a video of three girls singing a song of ours that we think we've found one."

That's my cue. "Now some of you might recognize the lovely ladies beside us from their very popular Youtube account The Keys." I say and look at Kai only she looking straight ahead at the camera.

"Heyy" they say together and one by one introduce themselves.

"I'm Kai."

"I'm Kiran."