Chapter 7 - Those Blue Eyes

Chapter 7 - Those Blues Eyes

Louis

I close the door behind me quickly and take a deep breath. My heart pounds steadily but harder than usual inside my chest. I've never had that reaction towards anybody in my life. Not even with Eleanor and every time I got near her I felt butterflies. But this, this is something new. Something powerful and its scaring the bloody crap out of me. I just met the girl and my heart is racing, my palms are sweating and there is a swarm of bees in my stomach and yet I still feel comfortable around her and that makes it worse. I get a rush every time those baby blues meet mine. She's so beautiful with her brown hair cascading down shining with natural highlights in the light that looks as soft as silk, her smooth almond colored skin, those rosy pouty lips that make me want to kiss and bite them, the straight nose sprinkled lightly with freckles but her most striking feature are her eyes. The big clear blue eyes that somehow seem so familiar. When her eyes meet mine I find myself feeling at peace and strangely happy. I can't fathom how such a thing is possible when I've only just met her today.

Kai makes me feel things I haven't felt in a long time. Things that I thought I wouldn't feel for a long time after what Eleanor did. A pang of jealousy hit me when I saw her talking with AJ earlier. I mean what the bloody hell? I wanted to wipe that flirty smile off his face and tell him to look somewhere else. But of course that's not my place and by the look of things Kai wouldn't have appreciated it. There is something off about her whenever I'm remotely close to her. I see how her face changes when I talk to her. I even think she doesn't like me very much which is driving me utterly insane. I can't stand the thought of her not liking me and besides she doesn't know me enough to dislike me. Ugh. Why am I acting likes this? She's just a girl!

I walk into the hall bathroom and take an Advil for the raging ache behind my eyes. After a few minutes of silence and finally setting my brain straight I walk out of my flat and to Zayn's. We have keys to each other's flats so its easy to walk in and out. It also makes it easy to walk into a make out session which has happened various times.

I stop at the door and listen to the voices coming from inside. Kiran says she's adopted which isn't that surprising considering she looks nothing like Kai. Then Kai says something that takes my breath away just as I'm walking in. "I moved to Australia when I was 12 and that's where I met Kiran." I stare at her frozen in place as what she's saying registers in my mind. Its like a light bulb goes on in my head and I know why those blue eyes seemed familiar. Gracie. But she...It can't be. She would've said something and I would've recognized her sooner. The look of alarm on her face as she stares back makes me wonder if she is who I think she is. But it can't be her because the Gracie I knew was completely different. Kiran must have noticed Kai's predicament because she continues on with the story. I study her intensely and then turn to Kyle.

"Louis, we didn't hear you come in." She announces and everyone is aware of my presence. I look at Kai a second then turn to them.

I smile sweetly and make my way towards an arm chair next to Harry. "What are you guys doing?" I ask and soon enough the food arrives making the conversation shift to just about everything.

----

Just after the food showed up Leah arrived and the girls got to meet her. They seem to have hit it off because they've been laughing non stop. "Well its getting late we should probably head home." Kai says as she gets up from her seat. Her brown hair falls lightly over her face and before I can stop myself I reach up and tuck it behind her ear. She sucks in air when my hand grazes her cheek and her clear blue eyes pierce mine. Gracie. They're the same eyes I fell for when I was just fourteen. I see a flash of longing then anger and I'm confused. Kai turns away and I notice Kyle and Harry staring at our weird exchange. Kyle's brown eyes have gone big and there is a shadow of a smile on her face.

"This was fun. We'll have to repeat it." Liam says placing a hand on Kai's shoulder. Jealousy over comes me and I'm about to say something when Harry elbows me in the ribs. I glance at himand his eyebrows are furrowed and his eyes confused. "Yes definitely." I say tightly and force out a smile. What the hell is wrong me? Jealous of Liam?

Leah stands up from her seat next to Zayn and hugs the girls goodbye. "It was so nice meeting you girls. I have to say I was feeling a little bit lonely with all these boys." She says her hazel eyes full of laughter.

Kiran laughs making her whole face light up. She has such a beautiful smile it literally takes you by surprise. "It really was and I can only imagine. These boys must be a tiring bunch." She says and you can already hear a hint of affection in her voice. I think this arrangement is going to be good for us or really, really bad. I can already see the looks on my mates eyes. At that exact moment a phone starts ringing blaring Katy Perry's Dark Horse. Kyle reaches her iPhone that is currently sitting on the coffee table and her eyes go big. "Um, I have to take this but this was amazing. Thank you, for everything." With one last look at each of us she heads out to the hallway were we can hear her hush voice. Kiran and Kai exchange a meaningful glance and I know something's up.

"Is everything alright? Who was that?" I ask unable to keep the curiosity at bay. Kiran is the one to answer me and I'm not too surprised it wasn't Kai. Kiran's blonde hair moves cascading down her shoulder as she turns to face me. "That was Brian, her boyfriend." She says with a clear dislike for the guy. I catch Harry's disappointed face in my peripheral vision and I know my earlier assumption was correct. These girls will either be the best or worst thing for us.

----

Hey lovies! I know, I know I took a long time to update! The teachers have been relentless! The chapter is short but I promise things are going to get interesting for Kai and Louis real soon! Thank you so much for reading!

Please comment and vote!

Love, Kamila :)