Chapter 1

After 8 years... (Age: 17)

I narrowed my eyes at the person below me as thunder boomed over my head.

I was crouching on top of a building, my unwavering body tense for some action. My muscles clenched under my midnight blue clothes tucked in my combat boots underneath the light material of my cloak. I watched with observant eyes at the way my prey walked down the street and around a corner in hurried motion like he was getting away from someone. After he disappeared, I stood up and waited for a moment.

I jumped from the building as a flash of lightning was seen over me. The ground was quickly drawing near but I remained calm just until the last second where I rolled into a ball to lessen the impact on the ground. At that exact moment the thunderous sound followed the flash of the lightning.

No one was there to witness my grand entrance, but just to be sure, I scanned my surroundings. Satisfied, I secured the hood on my head that fell back and followed my target.

The man hurriedly ran across the street as I nimbly followed him in the shadows. He turned left to the entrance of an alley and turned another left, in a way that felt like he was being chased. I followed as he turned around each corner with suspicious ease, but I kept my distance for I noted a flash of a security camera nearby. He suddenly halted in front of a billboard as I swiftly hid behind a large tree and waited patiently until he left. Following after him, I passed by the board and noticed a piece of paper on its side. Curiosity got the best of me and I took a peek at the folded letter.

Whoever you are, stop following me. You might as well waste your time teaching a pig to fly, because you will regret ever dealing with me.

I ripped the letter away and pocketed it. Smirking slightly, I thought of ways to play with his blood now that he knew he was being followed.

Glancing around my surroundings, I noticed the man  was gone. The alley was silent except for the a few flashes of lightning and thunder. Then I heard it: footsteps hurrying away.

Picking up my pace, I ran after the fading footsteps thumping on the pavement like thunder. The noise suddenly stopped but I paid no heed for I continued turning around corners, knowing the exact location of my target. The alley grew wider with every approaching step until it stopped to a dead end.

"I know you're here", I said.

Silence answered me but I paid them no mind as I listened for the slight rustle of the man's heavy coat.

Satisfied when it entered my impeccable hearing, I smirked and bowed my head. "I'm not sure I would regret dealing with you. I need a bit of fun, as you can see."

The eerie silence continued but I was not displeased for I heard a low growl.

I smiled knowingly. "Show yourself or I'll make you."

The silence was not broken and I sighed in dismay. "I was hoping for a willing surrender, but I guess a bit of exercise may do me good."

In a quick easy motion, I flashed my hand upwards. A blade was smoothly released from the edge of my sleeves and flew unwaveringly to my target hanging by the fire escape.

A voice grunted out in pain and a man fell to the ground, my blade in his right leg. He looked up at me with surprise as he clutched his wound, blood dripping from his fingers.