Chapter 3

Don't forget to vote and comment a chapter of your liking.

***

Across the street, I stared at the tall building as sunlight reflected from its numerous glass windows. From outside, you could mistake the Silent Society's main building as a corporation.

Making my way across the street and to the front entrance, I could make out a few figures in black lurking along the shadows of trees and bushes. Just as I entered the front door, I was met by a buff guard who immediately blocked my way.

"Identify yourself", he grunted out.

I raised my eyes to meet his and he suddenly stepped back.

"Void. Welcome back" He stepped to the side, bowing his head slightly in submission.

Feeling a twitch at the edge of my lips, I passed his rigid built.

Keeping my head steadily at the front desk being handled by a woman with smart glasses, I ignored the stares I received from undercover men and women alike at the waiting area. My eyes glanced at the tinted doors at the right side of the front desk, guarded by two men with dark glasses and flashing weapons, before zeroing at the elevator door at the other side of the desk guarded by a man.

The man stood tall with his hands clasped at his back. Unlike the others, he wore no glasses to hide his eyes, eyes who looked right at me as I approached him.

Stopping in front of him, I gave him a small nod in which he returned. He moved to the side as I slid a glove off my hand and moved closer to the elevator. Pressing my palm on its surface, I felt heat prick at my hand before pulling away. The fingerprint from my palm remained on its surface as the elevator doors opened and I walked inside.

The automatic elevator ascended as it took me to my respected floor by the ID it scanned from my hand. Sliding the glove off my other hand, I departed from the elevator through its awaiting doors to begin searching for my room.

The hallway was silent and vacant as I passed closed doors before stopping in front of my own. Pressing a hand on its surface, similar to what I did with the elevator, I waited for heat to prick at my palm before I removed my hand. The door swung open and I entered the comfort of my room, the door closing behind me.

My room was of nothing extraordinary: a single bed with black covers at the middle, a simple wardrobe with my uniforms inside, and the bathroom. As I approached the former, I removed all my weapons and placed them at an orderly manner on top of my covers, before making my way to the bathroom. Slipping off my uniform, I tossed it out the door before turning the shower on.

As the cold water nipped at my bare skin, I leaned on the wall with my arms supporting me. The white tiles meet my gaze as thoughts of the man's easy kill caused me to smirk darkly. Try as I might, I could not make myself feel anything other than the sheer sense of satisfaction that bloomed inside of me.

After a quick shower, I wrapped a towel around my body before walking out. As I approached my wardrobe, I noticed my former uniform missing from the floor, but I ignored the fact, knowing a maid let herself in and took my used clothing with her.

Opening the doors of my wardrobe, I slipped on a clean uniform before I unintentionally turned to a mirror hanging inside the furniture. An image of my brown hair choppily cut at the shoulders and void eyes appeared before I turned away quickly and closed the doors behind me.

The resemblance I had with my mom was uncanny, even with the desperate cut of my hair.

Approaching my still orderly lined up weapons, my eyes suddenly found a note at the center of my bed, its color greatly contrasting to my cover's dark color. Picking it up, I drew it closer to my nose to smell its scent.