Chapter 15

The blade in John's hand glinted against the single light of the room. As I stared at its sharp blade and hooked tip, I felt like it was promising me the pain and suffering it would bring.

John's eyes glinted in the light as well, though his were more of  excitement on the thought of seeing me in pain.

Despite my blank demeanor, I shivered at the feeling that blade would inflict on me. My eyes glanced at the hooked tip of the blade, knowing that when it would be plunged inside of me, it would cause inexplicable pain when ripped out. In this case, my muscles and eventually, my scream.

John grinned lazily as he twirled the blade in his hand professionally, as if knowing that it would cause me to feel fear.

He was wrong however. I was nervous. I was nervous about the fact that all the pains and wounds he had inflicted in the past few days had already healed, and he would expect to see the new cut still present in the next days.

I didn't know which was worst, though, me feeling nervous for the first time, or the satisfaction John was currently feeling on seeing me finally 'afraid'.

"I love this weapon, Void. The detailed design of the hilt, to the sharp edge of the blade, and finally, the hooked tip", he pressed a finger on the tip to prove his point, "of this weapon."

He laughed when the point of the knife cut his finger. The cut was small, but it showed that the blade was sharp enough to tear easily through tough skin and muscles. I observed John, as he brought the wounded finger to his mouth and sucked on the blood before it could trail down his hand.

Finally, he let his finger drop from his mouth. He stared at me with that malicious glint in his eyes as he licked his lips slowly as if appetized by the taste of his own blood.

"Mouthwatering", he shivered before his eyes impossibly darkened, "And I can't wait to taste yours, Void."

I stared at him blankly as I waited for the pain to come. His insanity was questionable, but it does bring him more strength and power. Just as the thrill of a kill does for me. And his capability of anything maniacal didn't frighten me at all.

Without any hesitation, he stabbed me in the thigh. I swallowed down my grunts of pain as I felt the sharp edge of the knife tear through my muscles and tendons easily.

John moved his head closer to mine as if waiting, wanting, to finally hear and see the pain I was currently feeling.

I resisted the urge to head butt him, knowing that it would only bring more misfortune on my part. My side still burned from the time he returned the blow I inflicted to his groin two days ago.

At my failure to show the pain he desperately wants, his excited expression dulled until he narrowed his eyes at me in anger.

His eyes were different, however from the darkened lust I had grown accustomed to. Finally recognizing it, I immediately hardened myself immediately, knowing that he would retaliate as if I had just hit him.

Soon enough, he tore the blade from my thigh. I felt the hooked tip of the knife grab my muscles causing more blood to rush out. Even when I wasn't looking down, I knew that it was trailing down from the wound to my toes before finally dripping down on the floor.

John wasn't finish though. My shoulder, which he had stabbed again yesterday, had only just healed and he was looking at it observingly.

Without meaning to, I became anxious, my fingers slightly twitching. I had hoped that he wouldn't notice the newly healed wound that impossibly healed for only a day or might even have forgotten about it.