Chapter 13

My head hurt.

Groaning at the pain, I tilted my head as I tried not to bash it at the nearest hardened surface. I let my eyes remained closed as I focused on the pain when it did not lessen.

As soon as I had acknowledged the pain, it intensified causing me to lift my hands. Feeling pressure on my elbows and wrist, I stiffened. I jerked my limbs, thinking I was just imagining it. My feet could move freely, but once again, my arms where unable to do so.

Snapping my eyes open, I glanced at my surroundings first for any signs of danger.

The room I was inside was bright with its white walls that reminded me of an hospital. Seeing a contrast to the color, I glanced to my right and observed the mirror taking the top half of the wall. Below the mirror was a long, rectangular, metal table with something on top of it. Stretching my neck, I tried to look over my shoulder to see what the shiny object was when my shoulders and neck ached in protest.

Having been reminded that I was currently restrained, I ignore the shiny object and looked up at my arms and down at my feet. My arms were tied together by a thick metal chain that looped around my elbows up to my wrist harshly. The chain led to the ceiling above that was held in place by a thick metal hoop protruding from the hardened surface, before snaking towards something behind me. The chain raised me up an inch from the ground though when I stretched my body, I was able to touch the floor with my toes.

Since my head was still pounding and my body was aching due to the uncomfortable position, I guessed that I have been restrained for more that three hours. That added to my bad mood causing me to look sourly at the spotless wall in front of me.

Cursing myself to have been easily caught, my sour look turned into a glare.

Why was I captured?

I listed in my head what I could have possibly done to anger the Society. As well as the High Commander. After a few moments of thinking, I decided that there could only be three reasons.

One, because I had eavesdropped on the High Commander and his Protector's conversation and they had, somehow, found out.

Two, because they had found out about my mutation and would issue experiments on me to find out more.

And three, because they found out about me not having killed Allen.

The first choice was impossible though since I was sure that the High Commander lists his facts first before punishing someone. The second option was a possibility though I was not sure where they could have found the information about my mutation when Sam was the only person who knew about it. And he keeps his secrets to his grave.

The third option, however, brought a chill to my spine. Before I could think about it more, a sound entered my hearing.

I froze, focusing on the sound and where it was coming from. Since I was the only one inside the room, it was impossible for it to be coming from within.

Voices where whispering from outside and I somehow knew that it came from somewhere to my right. I prevented myself from tilting my head to the mirror but only guessed that the mirror was in fact not a mirror, but a glass.

My eyes hardened before it turned to its usual blank expression when it finally sank in that I was being watched the entire time by unknown people behind the surface of the glass. Focusing once again on my hearing, I tried to decipher the voices behind the glass, but before I could, they stopped.

The sound of a door suddenly opening entered my hearing in a high pitched frequency. I slightly cringe at the sound before tuning my hearing down. Preventing myself from turning to see who had entered the room, I remained calm with my expression neutral.