Chapter 22

Warning: unedited

Another chapter for you guys! *wink*

***

I felt like I was underwater. Like I was in the middle of the ocean as a storm rocked me back and forth. A brutal wave passed over and I was sent under the water once more. As I struggled to the surface, as my lips barely grazed the surface and as my eyes opened, an image appeared.

Hands gripping my limbs as someone shouted.

A pair of blue eyes.

And then water. I kicked my feet, trying hard to push myself to the surface once more as another wave crashed.

I tumbled in the water. Suddenly my hands and feet felt numb and heavy as my body drifted downwards.

Void.

My name whispered around me. Around the water. And then I was above the surface once more as another image appeared.

A disgusting pail filled with something green.

A syringe.

The storm suddenly stopped and I was afloat on the water. When I blinked, my surroundings suddenly blurred and darkened until there was nothing.

There was void.

-

My eyes opened.

Shit. I feel like shit.

That was the first thing I thought as I slowly focused. My hands and feet were heavy, as if I had ran up and down a ten story building with my feet and then later with my hands.

A cough erupted from my throat and I struggled to breathe as I heaved.

Letting out one last cough, I leaned my head on the wall behind me. That was when I finally noticed that I was sitting on the floor. My back leaned uncomfortably on the wall and my feet were plastered in an uncomfortable angle.

A groan rumbled from my chest as I finally lifted my heavy hands to help straighten my feet. Struggling for a few minutes with having to lift both my heavy hands and feet, another cough erupted from my throat.

I feel sick.

No. Shit was the best description of what I was currently feeling.

I wanted to just pass out and die.

Stiffening, I remembered what happened. The woman. The poison. Sam.

How in hell was I still alive?

I focused on my surroundings. The room I was in was blessedly dark with a single light at the far end of the space. There was nothing interesting in the room other than a wheeled metal table near the light. From my angle, I couldn't see what was on top of it.

Pain erupted in my body and I gritted my teeth as I rode it out. Even though I feel no poison in my body, I still feel full of toxins. This was probably an aftereffect of the poison.

Before I could outwardly curse at my predicament, a door opened. I was so far out in my pain that I didn't notice someone was approaching the room.

I stared, willing the blurs from my pain to clear to be able to see who had entered.

"You’re alive."

The voice, familiar and male, sounded surprised.

My vision finally cleared as my pain dulled to a throb. Seeing blond hair and blue eyes, I realized it was Allen.