Chapter 5

Remember, comment and vote if you guys like a chapter. That would mean a lot to me.

***

It was early midnight when I gingerly put Thomas down at the front porch of the house. The cat sat down without much coaching and stared up at me as I knelt down and whispered something in his ear. He blinked at me once and flickered his tail in understanding before I jumped up and rang the doorbell.

The sound of its ringing was long and heavy, as I swiftly made my way to the backyard.

Jumping over the fence, I approached a tall tree right by the side of an open window. As I heaved myself up, I listened for the house's occupants.

I heard two pairs of footsteps: a heavy pair sounding like it was going down the stairs, and a pair of light ones pacing around a room with the open window.

Acknowledging the experience of the protector, I decided that he was the one pacing.

I have deal with the Protector first.

Hearing the footsteps of the protector leave, I readied myself. Just as I heard water being turned on, I walked gracefully on a branch that lead to the open window and slid inside.

Painted in a beige color, the interior of the room looked old and antique with a dark brown bed at the side of the open window, a mahogany table and two chairs at the other end of the room, and a brown carpet at the middle. Gazing at the room once, I walked over the other side of the room, far from the moonlight, and leaned on the wall where my midnight blue cloths blended with the darkness.

Waiting patiently, a door finally opened to my left. My eyes quickly found the Protector who walked out, his hair wet and dripping. I eyed him, but he took no notice of my presence as he approached the bed. The covers of the bed was thrown away by him in one quick motion to reveal a knife.

More specifically, my throwing knife.

I slightly raised an eyebrow but stayed quiet as I watched him pick it up and twirl it around for inspection.

"Who were you? Why did you look so familiar?" He muttered to himself.

With my hearing open, I could distinctively hear the front door opening and a gasp coming from downstairs. "Thomas? Is that you?"

Coming back to the present, I slipped out a pair of throwing knives under my sleeve and threw them simultaneously to the Protector. The blades tore through the air silently before landing at the edges of his shirt, pinning him to the wall. Surprised, he almost shouted out when I threw another blade to the side of his mouth warningly.

He immediately grit his mouth shut, his eyes filled with intensity as he gazed at my direction.

Stepping out from the shadows, I drew my hood back and placed a finger on my lips to silence him. He remained motionless as two blades slipped to my hands. Throwing them, they landed silently at the edges of his pants, pinning his feet tightly to the wall.

As I approached him, I took out a packing tape from my belt and cut a piece off with my teeth. Placing it over his lips, my eyes darkened and I lifted a hand to pat his cheek mokingly.

"Who am I?", I drew my mouth to his ears, "I'm your worst nightmare."

I leaned away from him as his eyes narrowed angrily. Hearing footsteps draw closer, I took my eyes off of him to gaze at a door by my right.

"Adam! Thomas is back!" The door I was gazing at slammed open to reveal my target who held the cat with a joyful expression. His joyful expression didn't last long when he had processed the scene in front of him. The joy was replaced by horror as he immediately turned heels to rush out of the room, throwing the cat behind him as if hoping it would slow me down. Dodging the flaying and screeching cat with ease, I crouched down to stretch out a foot causing him to trip and fall down.