Chapter Four

{Chapter Four}

"I'll tell you if you're doing something wrong, or if I want you to pose a certain way. But honestly, think of it like having sex: just do what feels natural, Lev."

The words echo in my mind even now, six hours after I left my mom's office. I don't know why I can't get the words out of my head, though I'm sure it has something to do with me nervously blurting out to Jer after he said those words, that I've never had sex. Then his face took on this unreadable expression before he silently began taking the pictures as if I hadn't said anything.

I sigh as I stare up at my ceiling in the dark. I can't help but think about Jer though. Something about him intrigues me, makes me want to spend as much time with him as I possibly can; while at the same time I don't want to spend more time with him because these weird emotions are messing with my head. I groan and turn to bury my face in my pillow, forcing my eyes to shut so hopefully I can get to sleep soon.

~ ~ ~

"What's wrong, Lev?" Lydia immediately asks when I pick her up the following morning. I contemplate lying, though I know she would figure it out if I lied so instead I tell her the truth; the truth I had only discovered earlier this morning while I was getting ready for school.

"I have a crush on...someone." I mutter, not having the guts just yet to say 'I have a crush on my mother's boss', out loud, where it would forever be let out in the world, would be a secret no more.

"Who?" she inquires, practically jumping in her seat at the thought that I have a crush. I sigh, glancing at her quickly at the stop sign.

"You can't tell anyone." I remind. She nods immediately at this. "It's Jeremiah, my mom's boss." I admit quietly, grudgingly.

"Wow," she whistles then continues; "what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know. What am I supposed to do about it?" I shoot. She shrugs, looking out the window which I've come to learn is what she does when she's thinking. Meanwhile all I can seem to do is drum my fingers against the soft leather steering wheel, trying not to think about Jer. Of course I can't stop thinking about him; I can't help but think about his beautiful golden brown eyes, his dark tattoos, even his clothes are appealing.

"How about we skip today, we can just skip the first half of the day and go have some fun." Lydia offers when we're a few blocks from the school. I glance at her, thinking about this before I shrug, pulling over.

"What are we going to do?" I question and she seems to think about it for a moment before grinning, causing me to wonder if it was a good idea to agree to skip.

"We are totally going to the mall." She states and I shake my head but don't bother arguing. Instead I start my car and head to the mall.

~ ~ ~

"Oh! We have to go to Jay-Vee's. Of course," she adds, bouncing around the mall like an overly excited puppy. I roll my eyes, wishing I hadn't agreed to carry the bags because now I'm stuck holding ten bags for Lydia. The sad thing though is not a single one of them are mine, I haven't bothered to buy anything save for a few meals at the food court.

"Yeah, yeah. Lead the way." I sigh, trying not to feel embarrassed when we walk into the lingerie store. Of course people don't seem to be looking at me, or at least the other woman aren't, I can't say the same for the men. Because every time I catch the eyes of a man I see the sad look of pity cross his features before he trudges over to his wife or girlfriend who squeals excitedly over all the lacy bras, thongs, and all things in between.

"Lev, do you like this?" Lydia questions quite loudly a few feet away, drawing the attention of a few of the other shoppers. I turn my gaze from the strange pair of crotchless panties that were placed on a mannequin to see that Lydia is holding up a lacy blue nightgown. I sigh, feeling my face threaten to heat up but I push it down and merely walk over to Lydia, done looking at the weird underwear on the mannequin.