Chapter Nine

{Chapter Nine}

When I arrive at my mom's work, or rather get into the building, my smile drops. Of course it isn't the fact that Jer is lecturing the woman at the front desk - who's name I admittedly have long since forgotten - it's the fact that he isn't wearing anything other than a pair of very revealing tight, leather pants.

I clear my throat quickly, making both Jer and the woman jump in surprise. Jer's gaze snaps to me, looking ready to lecture me until he realizes who I am, then he smiles his stunningly perfect smile.

"Levy, it's nice to see you again. How was your weekend? Do anything fun? Why don't you go up to my office and wait for me, I'll tell you about our marketing techniques." He adds softly but quickly as if he wants me to leave in order to continue lecturing the receptionist. I nod dumbly, not bothering to answer his questions and instead I just go up to his office.

I pull my phone out and see a message from Lydia asking if I'd be willing to go on a double date. I think about it for a moment and tell her I'll have to ask Ian before I message him with the question. It doesn't take him more than a minute to reply with a confirmation so I agree with Lydia and relay all the information to Ian.

After a few more minutes Jer comes in the room, looking as calm as ever. I look away from him, focusing on my phone instead.

"So, uh, why aren't you wearing a shirt?" I question. He glances at me from the other side of the room where he seems to be looking for something under all the paper scattered around.

"One of my models couldn't make it so I stepped in; I just needed to make sure the clothes fit correctly and looked good before I approved the manufacturing and shipment." He explains but I notice he didn't actually answer my question. I don't bother pointing that out though, and instead focus on my phone once more rather than his chest.

I open my new message and smile at Ian's rambling. I find it funny that even while texting he manages to ramble on, it's cute.

"Levy?" I blink and glance away from my phone but immediately regret it. Jer has somehow moved away from the paperwork he was dealing with to stand in front of me, probably to get my attention. From this close I can clearly see his muscles, and the continuation of his tattoos. I can also see the light sprinkle of hair that disappears in his jeans but I quickly avert my eyes back to Jer's so I don't get caught looking.

"Yeah?" I reply, clearing my throat when my voice breaks. Amusement sparkles in his golden eyes, making me question what he finds amusing but I don't ask.

"I was making sure you're paying attention, I have a lot to say about our marketing techniques. Oh, how is the paper coming so far?" he adds and I shrug.

"I have most of the rough draft done, I need to add some more details but I've gotten pretty much everything I need so the paper is almost complete. The rough draft anyway." I add. He nods in understanding and goes over to his desk to sit down.

"That's great," he replies before going into detail about their marketing. I put my phone away and make notes in my notebook for later, knowing I'll need the information eventually. After a few hours, and well over ten pages of notes, it's time to leave so I mumble a quick goodbye to Jer before I leave his office. It still bothers me that he spends so much time at the office, it's kind of sad but I don't over think it and instead walk down the hall to my mom's office.

She's already begun packing up to leave but looks up when I clear my throat. She raises a brow in question when she notices me.

"Do you need something?" she questions curiously but I just shrug.